• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Paulg2uk

Hi guys,

So a funny thing happened on Friday just before I finished work. I was on FB (pretending to work) lol and a pic popped up from my dealer I sometimes go to. I nearly choked on my coffee at this point as I've been waiting for this finish to appear since it was announced at the Namm show back in January. Apparently to order one of these in the UK is an 18 month waiting list so I'm extremely lucky to get one.

Long story short I just couldn't resist and I traded in another guitar to get the L3. I'm so glad I did I can't tell you all how much I love this guitar it just ticks all the boxes for me, and that roasted neck to die for lol.

I'd just like to give a shout out to the guy's at Musicstreet in Cambridge UK, if anyone want's to buy a new Music Man then give Tony and Andy a shout they are very helpful and you won't be disappointed.

Anyway here's the pic's for you all enjoy!

Tollywood

Saying "That tops sucks" on this forum means exactly the opposite. It's a long running joke and you do have a beautiful top.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Saying "That tops sucks" on this forum means exactly the opposite. It's a long running joke and you do have a beautiful top.

Back a few years ago when EBMM first introduced the BFR guitars, they published photos of each guitar with serial number and store it was going to. You know the saying "you can't please everyone"? Some people complained that "that top sucks" even for what was a beautiful piece of wood. So on this forum "that top sucks" now has the opposite meaning, i.e. it's awesome! For a while you could even buy Music Man t-shirts with "That tops sucks!" on it.

And while we're on the subject, "knucklehead" is a term of endearment for EBMM forum members. :D

That is BEAUTIFUL guitar, Paul. Congratulations!

Virtuoso

Aw, yeah. Boysenberry. I wonder how that would look with a quilt top?

I'll let you know on Tuesday - this one is on its way to me! :D

OP - congrats on that one. The neck looks fantastic!

LukeHSSQBSY-large.jpg

Attachments

• LukeHSSQBSY-large.jpg
    LukeHSSQBSY-large.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 118

Paulg2uk

I'll let you know on Tuesday - this one is on its way to me! :D

OP - congrats on that one. The neck looks fantastic!

LukeHSSQBSY-large.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm not usually a fan of a quilt top but that looks awesome! Congrats on that as well.

Virtuoso

I get the impression that this is a tricky colour to photograph and mine looks pretty dark compared to yours, so I'm curious to see what it's like in person.

JasonT

Congrats on the new LIII! Great looking axe. The LIII is a great guitar and the BFR is fantastic. Enjoy!

Top Bottom