• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Twang Banger

Got my first Valentine (yes, that means another - with trem - someday). I really like this guitar. Great player, excellent tone variations ... not so crazy about the 20db booster ... a little much. Oh, and although I thought I would hate the color, it looks a lot better in-person than it does in photos!

This means another Fender in the herd will bite the dust.

8216465505dbf507fc6349a3dc6d6eb0.png
83084b5e99307eaa8815309395d7e6b9.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

guertzi

Congrats!
If the +20db are too much: as far as I know you can adjust the boost amount with a trim pot, maybe you want to give it try.

Rock on!

Fro

I adjusted the boost on mine down quite a bit. Now I can hit the boost on the bridge pickup and role the tone back a bit to get a very good humbucker sound.

RichieZ

Congrats on the Valentine!

What does this adjustment involve?
The trim pot under the back panel labeled "BST" controls the amount of boost. I keep mine about halfway. Max is 20db but I believe they come from the factory set to 11db.
I'm under the impression that the one labeled "COM" controls the balance of volume between the single/humbucker/combined positions, but mine is well balanced so I never messed with it.
The two other pots control the silent circuit for the bridge"B" and the split neck(there's an "N" you can't see in the pic) pickups, respectively.
IMG_0175.jpg

Last edited:

Twang Banger

Congrats on the Valentine!

The trim pot under the back panel labeled "BST" controls the amount of boost. I keep mine about halfway. Max is 20db but I believe they come from the factory set to 11db.
I'm under the impression that the one labeled "COM" controls the balance of volume between the single/humbucker/combined positions, but mine is well balanced so I never messed with it.
The two other pots control the silent circuit for the bridge"B" and the split neck(there's an "N" you can't see in the pic) pickups, respectively.
View attachment 34282

Wow. Thanks. I’m dizzy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom