• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Monahan

...should get a raise!

Yes, I know the finish has made appearances in the past, though for some reason it looks better than ever on the new Stingray Special. Maybe the newly rounded body sides has something to do with that.

My memory is that this finish was used in the past on limited editions, but I don't remember it being a standard offering. Sure glad to see it on the new 2018 line!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 4.25.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 4.25.58 PM.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 859

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Burnt Apple was a standard production color in the early 2000's. I don't believe we've done a limited edition BA. The 2018 Burnt Apple is different from the earlier one.

Monahan

Burnt Apple was a standard production color in the early 2000's. I don't believe we've done a limited edition BA. The 2018 Burnt Apple is different from the earlier one.

Thanks for the history! My memory was based on seeing instruments in the store, and occasionally what other players had. Didn't have the internet to study catalogs and stoke the fires back then :D

Just looking at photos via a Google search its difficult to see the sparkle in the finish of the older basses; is the difference larger metal flakes in the finish of the 2018 models?

djaxup

superb color! Though there are many interesting choices with the new Stingray. I love the teal

Pet Sounds

Brand new forum member/longtime EBMM owner here. Just wanted to say that I got a Special in Burnt Apple and love everything about it. It's everything I've ever wanted in a StingRay but never quite had before. The finish, the tone, the neck, the weight -- everything!

Top Bottom