• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Mixolydian82

Last edited:

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Congrats on a great guitar! One of three JP7s with piezo. 1 JP7 was made without piezo. I'm sure you know the range of prices on used JP7s run. This first Dargie Delight run was a standard guitar with a fancy paintjob and inlays but was so cool and loved by so many people that prices can be a little higher. Ultimately if you are happy with your purchase then it was a good price.

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-b...delight-production-post239699.html#post239699

Mixolydian82

Thanks DrKev!

And Tollie, it has the martini glasses on it. The thing seems legitimately untouched.

I still may grab a BFR, but the condition and limited nature of that dargie proved to be a bit too tempting for me haha.

Last edited:

Mixolydian82

Lol Dargin, I'll consider that an official seal of approval.

Magic, hell yes.

Question for all the forumites, this thing has supposedly gone untouched since its build. I would imagine the neck is the only thing that might need refreshing correct?

Also, he says he will mail the build slip later as he's having trouble finding it. I'm a little miffed, but is there another way to verify authenticity? I mean, the martini inlays and paint would be an awful lot of trouble to fake, but still.

Last edited:

Mixolydian82

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Yup, he hasn't posted in a real long time. At least I'm pretty sure it's him. He takes really good care of his stuff and is a super nice guy.

Glenn |B)

Mixolydian82

That's Ernie, and he ordered one each of a 6 and 7 string from me. If you email/message me the serial number I can confirm. What a tremendous collection he has, and he's an incredibly nice guy!

Ha, Pete! I just messaged you using your website a few days ago about a petrucci. I was a regular poster on the Petrucci Forum (RIP), so it's good to see you're here. Your word is as good as gold, so thanks for that.

Mixolydian82

Cripes this thing rips. First of all, this is my first Petrucci. This is also my first 7, though I'd play tested a few.

Out of the case, there wasn't a single fingerprint to be found, and not a single swirl in the clearcoat. It almost felt sacrilegious to play this guitar. Even the original strings were highly playable. Plugging in, this guitar immediately felt like I cut my teeth on it, having no need to really acclimate after playing on fenders and other superstrats. What an immaculately built machine. Tired after playing for four hours straight, but will post pics later.

What incredible guitars. It's almost sickening:p

Top Bottom