• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

oooogie

I'm looking to buy another EBMM guitar. I don't want to spend a boatload of money though.
What I'm looking for is the model that's closest to the Axis S.S. that I own but I'm unfamiliar with the rest of the line.
Neck dimensions are probably my most important criteria.
So which is it, Luke,Valentine, Silo,Stingray etc?
And should I look for sterling or sterling sub versions?
Thanks all.

xjbebop

Assuming you're referring to an HH Ass, the HH AL has the same pups and wiring/switching. The AL neck is 'regular' C-shape rather than the asymmetrical carve the Axis has...

Astrofreq

Hmmmm.... I'd say the Stingray is the closest in the current line up (as least as far as a fat neck). The Reflex is the closest past model. It wasn't a very popular model, so they should be pretty affordable on the used market. It has the same pickups as the Axis line and a 5-way switch. Check those out.

oooogie

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not familiar with the HH and AL designations.
I should also say that my Axis SS has the MM90 pups and the Piezo bridge.
if i'm going to buy another I might as well get a different set up as far as the electronics are concerned.
I'm a bit intrigued with the Luke version. Any input on the neck specs for that?
I looked on the EBMM website and in comparison the neck specs are the same. Different fret wire which is no big deal but it's the shape and feel I'm most concerned with. I know feel is subjective but it's the most important thing to me so I'd like to get it right. Thanks again for the input.

xjbebop

If you're looking for a quality yet affordable couch guitar that feels like your Super Sport, I'd say this is it-
Axis | AX3 | Guitars | Sterling by Music Man

You may want to browse the other models just in case... ;)

btw- the Luke neck feels very different... lots of info about that here. Just spend a little time searching threads...

oooogie

Thanks XJ.I'll poke around a bit more.
You nailed it with "couch guitar" but I'm thinking if there's a model with different features but the same neck feel I'd probably pull the trigger on that one. A little verity a little familiarity.

Top Bottom