• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

RJKANEAO

So in March I sign a contract with Sony Music Global, in May my newest album “Genres of Soul” wins the Na Hoku Hanohano Award which is Hawaii’s Grammy award for RandB album of the year and the same night get invited to the Grammy academy. Last month we get all that taken care of and I’m now a Grammy academy voting member and artist which leased me to this. My album Genres of Soul is on the preliminary ballot for the 61st Grammy awards 2019 and is up for the Contemporary Blues Album of the year which is why I’m posting here. If any of you all are voting members I ask humbly to please consider my album for Contemporary Blues Album of the Year. I truly love and appreciate my EBMM and SBMM Ohana aka Family. Thanks so much for your time.
dafd5c2f31434b1607d793bcc43c8e06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dibart77

Wow, this is awesome news, RJ! To even be on the prelim ballot is amazing! Good luck!

RJKANEAO

Congratulations on the Na Hoku Hanohano!

BTW, I hope you got through Lane OK.

Thx You.. Yeah we were fine with the hurricane. It was the other side of my Island (Hawaii island) aka Big Island that got extremely flooded. Hurricane season as you probably know is no joke here. Gets pretty dramatic and scary.

RJKANEAO

Wow, this is awesome news, RJ! To even be on the prelim ballot is amazing! Good luck!

Mahalo. Yea, the journey itself has been a lot and I’ve learned a lot. The whole protocol and process leaves me even wiser in the music business. In Hawaii we have our own music industry where I’ve been at times a big fish in a small pond but dealing with a major label and the bigger music awards in the world has really gave me some perspective of how I’m now a small little guppy in a huge ocean. Yes, to get this far has been an honor and if I don’t get any final ballot nominations I’m happy with what we’ve done with this album. No bad for self-produced “everything!” :)

RJKANEAO

Aloha Guys and Gals. Wanted to give you all an update as I have been asked to keep some of you posted. So, my album is on the ballot for the Grammy Awards. I was originally in the BEST CONTEMPORARY BLUES ALBUM but the Grammy Academy decided that my album belonged in the BEST TRADITIONAL BLUES ALBUM. First round of voting has started and ends on Halloween. I’m extra grateful for the chance to be part of the academy and be part of the awards system. I was just also in the current issue of Billboard Magazine to promote the album on their famous Grammy Issue. I wanna say a huge thank you to Ernie Ball and Music Man for their continuous support.
8187ca28582d376f5c053c9dfe97fc59.jpg
14f5b79cdf9f537c872353caadc00ab7.jpg

Big Poppa

RJ you may want to read the grammy rules...I know these because My Cd with John Ferraro and Jim Cox in the same wave different category.
VOTE SOLICITATION GU
IDELINES
Page
of
The Recording Academy
|
3030 Olympic Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90404
|
| GRAMMY.com
Members of
t
he Recording Academy
®
, media companies, record labels and other industry professionals are not prohibited
from promoting their releases during GRAMMY Award ballot season.
However, in order to protect the integrity of the voting process and to foster the protection of Members’ contact
information, it is crucial that the following guidelines be understood and observed.
The Recording Academy does not disclose the contact i
nformation of its Members.
While “for your consideration”
-
type advertisements and communiqués are not prohibited, the specific category,
field and balloting numbers are proprietary information belonging to
t
he Recording Academy; such information
may not
be used, disclosed, published or otherwise distributed in connection with any advertisements,
communiqués or for any other purpose. Member content posted on
social media and other
website
s
CANNOT
contain specific category, field and balloting nu
mbers.
U
se of the Recording Academy’s Gramophone logo
and
images of the GRAMMY Award Statuette
are strictly
prohibited
The Recording Academy’s entry lists, finals lists and ballots are the property of
t
he Recording Academy. They are
for exclusive use by the
Voting Members in connection with casting votes.
During balloting season (September through January), vote solicitation and product distribution at Recording
Academy
-
sponsored events is strictly prohibited.
Elected leaders of
t
he Recording Academy,
likewise, may not distribute or otherwise promote product entered for
consideration in the current GRAMMY Awards process before, during or after any meetings of the Board of
Trustees, Chapter Boards, National Committees, Chapter Committees or at any other
events officially sponsored
by
t
he Recording Academy or any Chapter.
Voters shall not be influenced by personal friendships, company loyalties, regional preferences, or mass sales.
Voters shall not allow their choices to be suggested or directed by
anything other than their own conscience.
Voters shall not accept money or anything of value in exchange for votes.
Voters shall not make any agreements with others on how to vote.
This includes without limitation:

Voting Blocs: groups of
voters
who agree to vote together. Such groups may include but are not limited to
those voters affiliated with a particular record label, management company, or those voters linked through
social media.

Vote Trading: offering to
vote or voting in any manner in exchange for another’s vote.
Violation of any of these guidelines may result in disqualification of entries. Any Member who violates or encourages
others to violate these guidelines may be subject to sanctions by the Boa
rd of Trustees of The Recording Academy,
including termination of membership.

RJKANEAO

RJ you may want to read the grammy rules...I know these because My Cd with John Ferraro and Jim Cox in the same wave different category.
VOTE SOLICITATION GU
IDELINES
Page
of
The Recording Academy
|
3030 Olympic Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90404
|
| GRAMMY.com
Members of
t
he Recording Academy
®
, media companies, record labels and other industry professionals are not prohibited
from promoting their releases during GRAMMY Award ballot season.
However, in order to protect the integrity of the voting process and to foster the protection of Members’ contact
information, it is crucial that the following guidelines be understood and observed.
The Recording Academy does not disclose the contact i
nformation of its Members.
While “for your consideration”
-
type advertisements and communiqués are not prohibited, the specific category,
field and balloting numbers are proprietary information belonging to
t
he Recording Academy; such information
may not
be used, disclosed, published or otherwise distributed in connection with any advertisements,
communiqués or for any other purpose. Member content posted on
social media and other
website
s
CANNOT
contain specific category, field and balloting nu
mbers.
U
se of the Recording Academy’s Gramophone logo
and
images of the GRAMMY Award Statuette
are strictly
prohibited
The Recording Academy’s entry lists, finals lists and ballots are the property of
t
he Recording Academy. They are
for exclusive use by the
Voting Members in connection with casting votes.
During balloting season (September through January), vote solicitation and product distribution at Recording
Academy
-
sponsored events is strictly prohibited.
Elected leaders of
t
he Recording Academy,
likewise, may not distribute or otherwise promote product entered for
consideration in the current GRAMMY Awards process before, during or after any meetings of the Board of
Trustees, Chapter Boards, National Committees, Chapter Committees or at any other
events officially sponsored
by
t
he Recording Academy or any Chapter.
Voters shall not be influenced by personal friendships, company loyalties, regional preferences, or mass sales.
Voters shall not allow their choices to be suggested or directed by
anything other than their own conscience.
Voters shall not accept money or anything of value in exchange for votes.
Voters shall not make any agreements with others on how to vote.
This includes without limitation:

Voting Blocs: groups of
voters
who agree to vote together. Such groups may include but are not limited to
those voters affiliated with a particular record label, management company, or those voters linked through
social media.

Vote Trading: offering to
vote or voting in any manner in exchange for another’s vote.
Violation of any of these guidelines may result in disqualification of entries. Any Member who violates or encourages
others to violate these guidelines may be subject to sanctions by the Boa
rd of Trustees of The Recording Academy,
including termination of membership.

Aloha Sterling.
I’ve cleared it with my National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences Chapter Leader. I’m in the Pacific Northwest Chapter as a Grammy Academy Members. He (lead guy) made sure we understand guidelines. There’s even a FYC (“For Your Consideration” 61st Grammy Awards) Facebook Page to promote/campaign our projects where I’ve shared some of my promo pics. We also had our Billboard Magazine ads with Indie Collaborative cleared with the academy. They told us that Chapter leaders and all “leaders” cannot campaign/promote projects/ potential nominees or all that bribe stuff. If we’re simply campaigning and sharing it was ok. The biggest rule they stipulated is do not share the codes and project number (Rules 2) that we are given which I haven’t. But I will recheck with them (academy) again in the morning because there’s a lot of artists and labels doing the same thing.. Thanks I’ll get back to you on it..

Top Bottom