• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

wired

East Freetown, Massachusetts, United States
Currently looking at used JP6 & JP16 models on reverb. I'm aware of all the other differences (pups, bridge, etc), and I know the 16 has a flatter fretboard radius (17" vs 15"), just wondering about the neck profile. I've played a JP6 before, but wondering how shallow the neck depth is on the JP16. Is it very flat/shallow? How comparable is it to the profile on the JP6? Thanks

johnnyboogie

The JPXVI has a C profile. Thin C profile. I owned a 7-string one, and was very pleasing to me. I also owned a JP6 and JP7. I believe that the neck, apart from the radius, is exactly the same on every JP model besides the Majesty.

wired

East Freetown, Massachusetts, United States
Ended up buying a JP16 today, should come in next week. I’ll email cs once I get the serial #, but I’ve seen some videos that say the JP16 comes with Illuminator pickups, then others that say the pickups are sonic ecstasy. Did they make a change at some point?

johnnyboogie

Sonic Ecstasy!! No change even took place. Probably a description error. Above all, congratulations!! It's a super slick instrument, you'll enjoy it to the max.

Top Bottom