• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

telemike

Installed some Dimarzio Air Classics in my Sterling Valentine. I just picked up a Schecter PT Special for tele tones so I decided to make the Valentine my humbucker guitar. So far, I really like the Dimarzio's. The stock SBMM pickups measured at 7.6K each. I also have stainless steel block saddles on the Valentine for comfort. The tone pot is a "push-push" for coil splitting the humbuckers. I wired according to the Dimarzio instructions and it's the slug inner coils that are split.

XULydQs.jpg

vE459yQ.jpg

XTcleA7.jpg

FW3QWeZ.jpg

edhalen

Nice Mike! I did the same type of thing to my SBMM Valentine (since sold it). I put a 36th Anniversary PAF in the neck and an AT-1 in the bridge along with graphtec ss saddles like yours. What a great sounding guitar! Played great. I hope you enjoy yours. A great playing guitar in any configuration imho.

Nhoj

Installed some Dimarzio Air Classics in my Sterling Valentine. I just picked up a Schecter PT Special for tele tones so I decided to make the Valentine my humbucker guitar. So far, I really like the Dimarzio's. The stock SBMM pickups measured at 7.6K each. I also have stainless steel block saddles on the Valentine for comfort. The tone pot is a "push-push" for coil splitting the humbuckers. I wired according to the Dimarzio instructions and it's the slug inner coils that are split.

XULydQs.jpg

vE459yQ.jpg

XTcleA7.jpg

Nice!

telemike

Well, I am going to pull the original wiring and boost and replace with CTS pots, treble bleed and orange drop cap. Not going to do coil tapping either. I have other guitars for single coils so this is my rock humbucker.

The Air Classics are very nice.

I was going to use cream pickup rings, but the ones I bought are larger than the Sterlings and didn't fit.

Top Bottom