• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Golder7

Hi all,

I have a 2004 EBMM Stingray 4 3EQ, I haven't showed her much attention in the last few years but am starting to play again.

I've noticed, or rather, remembered... That the G and to a degree the D string sound weak in the mix. They are quieter than the E and A and don't 'growl'.

Looking at the pickup I can see that the E string goes perfectly over the centre on the pick up poles, the A is slightly off centre, the D worse and then the G worse still.

I'm presuming this will have an impact on the sound.

Is it possible to change the string spacing on the bass to move them all over (towards the G string)? If so... How?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Steve

brash47

Where the string sits above a pickup virtually has nothing to do with how sound you get. There is a magnet "field" created under the strings. The distance to pickup is more what you should be concerned with, also the diameter of string has alot to do with it. More metal, more signal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mu5icM@n

Take a look at your pickup height. My Stingray's PU is tilted so that the G is closest to the pickup and the E is farthest away. That may be all you need.

Top Bottom