• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jones4tone

Sorry for having to just link to this, but this tweet has an attached pic of Luke playing a nice quilt-top LIII with the block inlays while out with Ringo and company. I hadn't seen this one before - really pretty guitar!

Twitter

GWDavis28

Dm3h2sgXsAAIqDT.jpg

Wonder if it's gonna be a coming BFR???

Glenn |B)

jones4tone

It may be that it's obscured by the lighting somehow, but I don't see any markings on the headstock at all in that photo.

GWDavis28

There were earlier pictures of a rack of Lukes with block inlays, it could be he was just trying them out. I'm pretty sure it's the lighting playing tricks in that shot.

Glenn |B)

GoKart Mozart

And Helioses? I thought he was playing with Ecstasys.

I sat down and talked to Jon Gosnell (Steves tech) outside the Ryman in Nashville before the Toto show last month and asked him about the Bogner change. Jon said that the only time Steve really used the super clean channel on the Ecstasy was for one of Richard Pages songs in the Ringo band. Richard is not currently playing in the band, so there is not a need for that dedicated clean channel. Jon said Steve can get whatever clean he needs with the Helios with just manipulating his volume. He thinks that Helios has more like an 80s rock tone.

Jon is a really nice guy and it made my day that he took the time to sit and chat with a total stranger for 20 minutes. He gave me a Luke pick when I left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbonesullivan

Laser Etching is always fun. Isn't that how they got the carbon fiber looking pattern on the early majesty guitars? You can do a lot with the technology. I know that most brass instrument makers have gone to laser engraving, as it's simply more cost effective and takes a fraction of the time, with minimal risk.

Top Bottom