• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

spychocyco

I get people will pay more for a guitar with some sort of history, and it's a very nice example, but wow. It's gonna need a little more historic significance than that for me. :eek: I'd be curious to know if there's some rabid EVH fan out there who will pay this.

Ernie Ball Music Man EVH 1995 Amber Burst Flame Top Ernie Ball Music Man EVH 1995 Amber Burst Flame Top | Reverb

PeteDuBaldo

IIRC that exact guitar was for sale here in Manchester CT at the big national chain around 15-20 years ago. It was high up on the wall and sticker priced around $15k - I remember wishing it were more affordable.

GWDavis28

Wow, it's nice an all and the history is cool, but is it really worth all that?

Really Pete, what would you have paid at that time?

Glenn |B)

xjbebop

I've seen a number of examples like that where someone is asking waaayyyy too much for a 'special' guitar...
Guess it doesn't hurt to try, but I don't recall ever seeing any of them actually sell...
I think that one takes the cake though...

Mick

Pete, I don´t think this is the one....

Attachments

• last EBMM EVH made.jpg
    last EBMM EVH made.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 207

Wayniac

IIRC that exact guitar was for sale here in Manchester CT at the big national chain around 15-20 years ago. It was high up on the wall and sticker priced around $15k - I remember wishing it were more affordable.

Pete - same here - I asked one of the sales guys there if they misprinted the price, and got the spiel....

bhull

I get people will pay more for a guitar with some sort of history, and it's a very nice example, but wow. It's gonna need a little more historic significance than that for me. :eek: I'd be curious to know if there's some rabid EVH fan out there who will pay this.

Recent auctions have indicated an EVH from that era is going around $5K in good condition. So, the seller is doing a $20K markup for the provenance.

It says Ed bought it, they also say he sold it in the same year for a charity. The protective film is still on the plates. He usually replaced the strap buttons with eye-bolts. If Ed played it, he didn't play it very much.

There was a 1982 Charvel that sold for $67K. There is a video of him playing it on Entertainment Tonight.

At first, I was going to say it's really high. But after seeing that 1982 Charvel, maybe not. I added it to my watch list to see what it does.

tbonesullivan

I would think the guitar was purchased specifically for the charity. Doesn't have nearly the street cred of the Charvel, though EVH stuff is apparently somewhat desirable.

One problem though is that he's a notorious tinkerer, so a lot of his gear from the early years, which would be the REALLY valuable stuff, no longer exists in the form from back then, if it exists in any form at all.

bischero

I would pay that for the guitar I sold. Evh Ebmm serial #80850 Sunburst

spychocyco

There was a 1982 Charvel that sold for $67K. There is a video of him playing it on Entertainment Tonight.

I could see one that he played regularly, or on a certain album, or on a live video, or something like that going for more to a collector, but $25K is still pretty high for that in my mind. And $67K for a guitar is insane to me. That's nearly $3K more than my house cost.

spychocyco

(!) ?!? Where is your house?!?

Northern Louisiana. Bought it 18 years ago, and it's tiny -- just over 1,000 sf -- and no longer in a desirable school zone. Sadly, while home prices in the area have skyrocketed (the main reason I'm still in this house), I'll probably be lucky to get what I paid for mine. We've been shopping for a couple of years since my son is as big as I am now, and the house has gotten pretty tight, but I'm caught between needing a sizeable down payment to get the note on a new one where I can afford it, and having to pay off the 12 years I still owe on mine with what I get from the sale. I've come to terms with the fact that I'll probably die in this one.

MM Luke

Well hell, I got a Luke that was owned by him... Guess I can finally retire. 😂😉

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom