• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Axis_SC

Listening to it right now... 5 mins into it. I listen to audio books on the commute. I have a signed copy on the way though

MM Luke

Ordered mine last week. First time a Facebook ad was useful!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

fusionid

Been reading it. It is nice and speaks of a bygone era. I eat up a chapter a night.

tbonesullivan

I easily could have ended up with something completely different. I was simply looking for an SSH guitar that was local, and then the Luke III with the RW neck appeared. I don't regret it. It's an incredible guitar. I wish EVERY SSH guitar had that lovely volume compensation system.

John Hurtt

Hello all,

First post...total newbie. Just finished the book this afternoon, great read! Highly recommend to all Luke fans...or just music fans in general.

fusionid

The only criticism I had of the book is no mention of marshall stacks, 59 les Paul's, speaker selection, how rosanna guitar tone was recorded, why he likes emgs and why he moved to dimarzios.

Anyhow, otherwise I enjoyed it. It was personal, warm and very insightful.

John Hurtt

As a gearhead I would have liked to have read more of that as well. Lukather has said he will do a second book if this does well.

Eilif

I would be very interested in this. So far as I know, the first Toto album was mostly his Les Paul Deluxe, Hydra was with his '59 Les Paul, but by the time he did Turn Back, he was using a Strat with EMGs; later, the bridge pickup became a humbucker. (Was it the 85 from the get go?) I would love to know the decision(s) behind the changes to his gear over the years.

The only criticism I had of the book is no mention of marshall stacks, 59 les Paul's, speaker selection, how rosanna guitar tone was recorded, why he likes emgs and why he moved to dimarzios.

Anyhow, otherwise I enjoyed it. It was personal, warm and very insightful.

vuduhwy

I just got this book for my birthday. I am embarrassed to say that while I most certainly knew who Luke is, I wasn't aware that he had played on so many recordings of songs I grew up listening to. Kinda funny, by pure accident I have been a Luke fan most of my life and didn't even know it! HA!

ksandvik

I just got this book for my birthday. I am embarrassed to say that while I most certainly knew who Luke is, I wasn't aware that he had played on so many recordings of songs I grew up listening to. Kinda funny, by pure accident I have been a Luke fan most of my life and didn't even know it! HA!

I had a livid debate with a radio DJ/neighbor here in Bay area, she didn't believe that Luke played all the guitars and bass excluding the Alex Van Halen solo on Beat It.

Top Bottom