• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Lou

This beauty showed up in the mail today courtesy of Mr. Pete Dubaldo. He engraved my band logo into it. It's awesome. If you have any piezo equipped guitar this is a indespensible little box that opens up the power of your guitar. Stereo cable in, mono out to a guitar amp and the other to your PA or acoustic amp. EBMM no longer offers one of these.

Thanks Pete!

Attachments

• 20180920_114735.jpg
    20180920_114735.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 324

GWDavis28

Lou, I saw yours was featured on FailBook recently. They looks like really nice splitter boxes.

Congrats, Glenn |B)

Astrofreq

Pardon my ignorance, but what would the versions with only 1 and 2 jacks be for?

and what kind of file is needed to ingrave our logo?

Last edited:

PeteDuBaldo

Lou, enjoy the splitter!

Pardon my ignorance, but what would the versions with only 1 and 2 jacks be for?

and what kind of file is needed to ingrave our logo?

Those boxes still have 3 jacks, they are just located on other sides to fit various pedal board configurations.
Version 1 has all the jacks on 1 side
Version 2 has the input on a long side and the outputs on the opposite side (jacks on 2 sides)
Version 3 has the input on a long side and outputs on both short sides (jacks on 3 sides)

When I did the logo for Lou's box I started with a .jpg file.

PeteDuBaldo

Awesome! Nice job Pete. Didn't know you were doing these.

Thanks Paul! We have been offering them since EBMM discontinued their boxes back in '08?

Here's our updated Version 1

DMC-Engraved-Splitter-Box-spbxv1.jpg

BUC

Love my piezos but the cords are a PITA and way expensive. Try to find a 15-20 ft 1/4 inch 90 degree TRS with 2x 1/4 inch TS's on the other end....good luck. Even the cheap one's are expensive and they don't last very long.

Pete: went to your website and couldn't find the box on it. How do I price one?

Astrofreq

Do you guys send the piezo output straight to the P.A. or run it into a different amp? I don’t have a piezo equipped guitar right now, but one song we do could really use an acoustic sound (without having to lug an acoustic to shows for one song).

PeteDuBaldo

Love my piezos but the cords are a PITA and way expensive. Try to find a 15-20 ft 1/4 inch 90 degree TRS with 2x 1/4 inch TS's on the other end....good luck. Even the cheap one's are expensive and they don't last very long.

Pete: went to your website and couldn't find the box on it. How do I price one?

Here is the link! I agree, the lack of affordable and quality cables can be discouraging. Drop me an email and I'll be happy to try and help you with what TRS to use.

https://dubaldomusic.com/product-category/accessories/split/

PeteDuBaldo

Do you guys send the piezo output straight to the P.A. or run it into a different amp? I don’t have a piezo equipped guitar right now, but one song we do could really use an acoustic sound (without having to lug an acoustic to shows for one song).

I like running the piezo to a small acoustic amp (like a Fishman Loudbox) and then running a line from the amp to the PA. That way if I want to add some reverb/chorus/etc, or make changes on the fly, I don't have to mess with the main soundboard. The small amp means I have an extra monitor that is independent of the 4 out in front on the floor.

beej

I typically make my own cables, but even still, I'd still prefer a single stereo cable to a splitter box like Pete's. (Those look great!)

The other guitarist in my band uses a piezo, he runs it to a DI and then the board. There have been a few times when it didn't work as advertised. I think the approach of having a separate amp for it is preferable, assuming you can bring the gear.

Wayniac

Pete
Do you typically have those in stock? I'm relatively local, and could use one to simplify my setup when using my Petrucci 7's.

Lou

BTPA.com will make you custom cables and the price is not bad, quality good. I have several of their cables.

Lou

I run mine into the PA after running through a TC G Natural processor for some compresson/delay/verb. But it sounds great straight in. You may need a direct box if you encounter any ground loops.

BUC

I run both mag and piezo through 2 different channels of a Line 6 Helix.

As opposed to an amp I use impulse responses from acoustic guitars...it really sounds awesome. I ALWAYS get people asking me how I got my acoustic tone from my Gamechanger. Really warms up the sound of the already great sounding piezo.

Acoustic Guitar Impulses - 3 Sigma Audio

I really didn't want the "complexity" of a piezo IR setup but I saw our own Travis Larson live several times and I just love his sound and the way he uses it. Turns out it's really not that complimicated. Took a little time investment to get my Helix programmed right but now it's plug and play and I take one less guitar to the gig.

Top Bottom