• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

surbas

I just got a brand new Luke III and I'm trying to set it up so the trem does not float. So, I figured I'd just tighten up the trem claw screws. Problem is one of the screws is slightly stripped and does not appear to let me tighten it into the body. I was able to totally remove it but man it was pretty tough.

Does anyone know what the actual size is of the trem claw screws? I want to replace this one since it's stripped.

Has anyone else had issues with the trem claw screws? I had to try 4 or 5 different screwdrivers before I found one that would grab the screw head sufficiently.

Scott

tbonesullivan

One of the screws is stripped? As in, the screwhead? If it's new the screw can be hard to turn. Best thing to do is put a little soap on it, like ivory hard soap. That helps lubricate the screw.

tbonesullivan

I'm sure that you can get a screw from EBMM, or any hardware store. Just make sure that the threads and size are the same. When putting the screw back in, make sure to turn it counter clockwise a few times so that the threads engage properly before tightening it.

Also make sure that you are using the right size Phillips head screwdriver. That usually helps it from stripping.

Top Bottom