• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

RichieZ

I tried the Boss the Katana Air... did not like the amp, and returned it... but loved the wireless. The wireless system is available separately now as the WL-20, WL-20L or WL-50. Ranges from $179-$199. Definitely on my Christmas list.

mrmckinney

I have owned a Sony unit (now discontinued) that was good and now have a Shure GLX-D that is also really good. If I could go back I would have kept the Sony simply because it used standard batteries. The Shure has a proprietary battery pack. Other than that I have zero complaints about the Shure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeller

Shure GLX-D here too!!! Really do get close to 16 hours on the re-chargable batteries. Tuner good too!!

xjbebop

I tried wireless many years ago. Bought a top end sennheiser system...
After a few gigs, the extra set up and complexity reminded me just how much I prefer simple/easy, and I went back to just stepping on my cord once in a while... less stuff to plug in, charge up, clip on, match channels, etc... and the tiny bit of latency really threw me off.
But some of the newer systems look pretty interesting, and there was something to be said for the 'freedom' it offered...

Wahoonc

Second the Sony (Sony DWZ-B30GB). Mine has worked great for a couple of years now. Bought a second as a backup, but never needed it so it’s still new in the box. Get a couple of rechargeable batteries and you’re good to go. Very simple set up and after that all you have to do is turn it on.

PeteDuBaldo

How did the Xvive trial work out Pete?

It went pretty well! I used some Klotz cables during the first set and then switched to the wireless at the set break. To my ears the wireless was very transparent, with no noticeable frequency loss - I have an old Shure unit that really killed off treble, and this sounded nothing like that. The other guys had no idea I was using a wireless until I wound up on their side of the stage. I only had about 20ft of distance between the transmitter and receiver, and didn't experience any dropped signal or outside interference. The specs call for less than 6ms of latency, and I'm not nearly precise enough for that to make a difference. The batteries are also supposed to last up to 5 hours of play time, and our second set was well under that at 1:45. I've got a few more gigs this coming weekend and I'll definitely be trying it out again.

Top Bottom