• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

coolhandluc

Does the Silhouette w/piezo have split shaft pots? I was getting ready to order new knobs, and remembered my Special has set screw chrome dome knobs, and that makes me wonder if they are solid shaft. I won't be around my guitar all day and it's killing me to know! Any replaced the knobs on a piezo Silhouette?

GWDavis28

I'm pretty sure all the Silhouettes have split shafts. I know both of my Silo Specials do. Is you Special one of the original ones?

Glenn |B)

coolhandluc

I have a 2009 Silhouette Special with the 3 knob piezo configuration. As far as I know it's all original.

GWDavis28

OK cool, both of mine are split shaft and they are both original as well. Though I like the tele style knobs myself and wished they were solid shaft. But once a very, very wise Tech named Jon taught me a trick. It you use a paper match it fits in the split of the shaft, thus making it solid to enable you to use a tele style knob.

Glenn |B)

coolhandluc

Cool. I just didn't know if the piezo pot was solid shaft, and they kept them all solid for continuity.
I put the soft touch Fender style knobs on my frankenstrat, and they are amazing feeling. I want them on the Silhouette.

GWDavis28

I personally don't have any guitars with piezo, but I would image it's a split shaft as well. I see that the Fender knobs only work on split shaft, so I get why your wondering . Hope it works out for you.

I'd be interested to know what it is when you find out.

Glenn |B)

coolhandluc

They are all three solid shaft. Guitar volume and tone and piezo volume are all solid shaft. I took all the set screw knobs off last night to confirm.

GWDavis28

They are all three solid shaft. Guitar volume and tone and piezo volume are all solid shaft. I took all the set screw knobs off last night to confirm.

Wow, that's really good to know. Thanx for checking. But, bummer for you huh, the Fender knobs won't fit?

Glenn |B)

coolhandluc

Fender knobs won't fit. And I forgot to measure if they are 6MM or 1/4 shafts lol. My new knob hunt will never end lol.

coolhandluc

After some thought, I might entertain selling the stock pickup setup if anyone is interested...

Top Bottom