GWDavis28

Right hand side of the image??

42535094_300471860539187_4181660559850918607_n.jpg

Doesn't look like this blue Monarchy?

203.png

Could this be sound future offering?

Glenn |B)

agt

Glenn, I agree. My first thought was that maybe EBMM is bringing back the Siberian Sapphire finish (without the black maple shield), but the blue appears to be not quite the same, although it could just be the lighting. Can't wait to find out what this is ...

johnnyboogie

With that quilted maple top on that JP15, there's hardly anything else on the picture. However, it may be an upcoming BFR Majesty.

PeteDuBaldo

Are you a fan of the Blue Pete? =D

And by the way, are you a JP user exclusively? Which models adorn your collection?

I love blue guitars.

Unless it's exclusively an acoustic show or something that calls for drop-D you will find me playing a JP. While I prefer the original JP6 for sound, neck profile, and forearm contour, I do have a JPxi (in e-flat per Maddi's recommendation) and a Majesty BFR (basswood body, no maple cap).

johnnyboogie

I love blue guitars.

Unless it's exclusively an acoustic show or something that calls for drop-D you will find me playing a JP. While I prefer the original JP6 for sound, neck profile, and forearm contour, I do have a JPxi (in e-flat per Maddi's recommendation) and a Majesty BFR (basswood body, no maple cap).

That's nice =) I believe it's the Gold Sparkle majesty BFR. Why did Maddi recommend an Eb tuning instead of standard E? Does the specific guitar call for it for a reason?

PeteDuBaldo

That's nice =) I believe it's the Gold Sparkle majesty BFR. Why did Maddi recommend an Eb tuning instead of standard E? Does the specific guitar call for it for a reason?

We were chatting about gear at NAMM a few years back and he asked about my personal guitar inventory. When I mentioned that I had a JPXI he said that in his opinion because of the unique combination of woods used in that guitar it sounds better than any of the other JPs models do when tuned to Eb. It has an alder body, maple top, and mahogany tone block. I've been using it for the Eb project ever since.

Top Bottom