• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bovinehost

Administrator
Played a benefit this weekend with my old buddies from coWpilot. MK5K2018b.jpg seld

The seldom-seen sparkly green Bongo saw the light of day for the first time in a good while.

Great bass.

bovinehost

Administrator
Speaking of green, I know Big Poppa will be relieved to hear that Heinz the Wonder Bass is back in my clutches once again!

Picture 004.jpg

danny-79

Played a benefit this weekend with my old buddies from coWpilot. View attachment 34423 seld

The seldom-seen sparkly green Bongo saw the light of day for the first time in a good while.

Great bass.

That is a really nice green. Not a huge fan of sparkles but that I like.
What’s the sticker on it ? It’s under a clear pick guard if I’m correct?

Tom F

Heinz! The emerald green sparkle Bongo is a looker, but Heinz stands alone. I've been searching for a trans green Stingray for years because of that bass.

Would visions of a Heinz colored Bongo in single H (with a pearloid guard) be too unreasonable? Probably, but wouldn't it be amazing?

bovinehost

Administrator
Dargin might pretend to entertain it because he's nice, but my favorite BP quote is from one night long ago on the phone, me and BP and Dargin discussing something important when Heinz came up for some reason.

"I think that's the ugliest finish we ever did", he said. Then he laughed because he knows I love Heinz.

tbonesullivan

Whatever color that is on Heinz, it really does grow on you after a while. Half the fun is trying to figure out what exactly it is. Is it yellow? Is it Green? How come it looks almost fluorescent?

drTStingray

Dargin might pretend to entertain it because he's nice, but my favorite BP quote is from one night long ago on the phone, me and BP and Dargin discussing something important when Heinz came up for some reason.

"I think that's the ugliest finish we ever did", he said. Then he laughed because he knows I love Heinz.

I reckon his second least favourite is peach....that Heinz colour is somewjat of a celebrity - when Craig Young-Nashville frequented this place I recall he tracked an SR5 down in that colour - maybe it appeared on famous songs!

I'm surprised a charging green SR5S hasn't winged its way to Bovinehost's bass garage yet - I saw an SR4S in that colour - looks fabulous.

bovinehost

Administrator
I am patiently (NOT) waiting for a suitable SR5H in whatever color I can get!

Craig also used one of my Dargie Bongos on a Lady Antebellum album, which made me larf and giggle.

Top Bottom