• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

miaziol

Hello
I buy SBMM Cutlass. Generaly good guitar. Good sounding and i like it.
Today i remove neck and see something like this.
I can fix it someone but maybe company make better quality check becouse on this moment it is terrible.
Sory for my english.

20181008_133738.jpg
20181008_133705.jpg

GWDavis28

Looks like the fixture to drill the holes wasn’t aligned properly. Did you buy it new? If so, I’d contact Sterling by Music Man.

Sterling by Music Man

At the bottom left hand side of the web page is the "Contact Us" link.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

miaziol

Looks like the fixture to drill the holes wasn’t aligned properly. Did you buy it new? If so, I’d contact Sterling by Music Man.

Sterling by Music Man

At the bottom left hand side of the web page is the "Contact Us" link.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fix it now. but it not look so good. I buy it new.

tbonesullivan

I guess when making the SBMM guitars, they drill the holes for the neck once it is fitted into the body? That's just odd. Body must be pretty oddly drilled too.

xjbebop

in the interest of constructive criticism-- I was thinking about possibly picking up one of the new SBMM AL's, but my research brought up too many complaints about the trem stud inserts being poorly drilled & installed, leading to cracks in the body even. Turned me right off, which is a shame because I would really like to see the whole line do well....
It does sound like they need to improve their QC.

peterd79

If you bought it new from a store, return it immediately without fixing it yourself. That should be a warranty repair or replacement.

That's definitely a warranty repair / replacement on that one. The guys over at SBMM will take care of ya and get you all sorted out

Top Bottom