• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

peterd79

Hey Guys...

It's been a while since i've been on the forum. Life has been fun to say the least...

A little over 700 days ago my wife and I decided to go down the road of adoption to grow our family. After extensive research we decided that we would pursue Fost/Adopt. This means that our home would become a Foster Home with the option to adopt if the child became available for adoption.

We had received placement of a newborn that was in intensive care that required my wife and I to travel to San Francisco nightly after work (from Sacramento) to spend time with the little boy whom also happened to be born my my birthday. Long story short after 3 1/2 months he was reunified with his birth family.
Fast forward to Saint Patrick's Day 2017 we got the call about another little boy that would be needing a home and were we interested. We jumped on it. After 524 days and 20 minutes we were able to finally sign the paperwork to adopt our Son. Jordan Patrick...
I've taken some time away from the forum and playing with the band (even stepped out of recording a live album) to concentrate and focus on my son.

During that time I've accumulated more gear that i've ever picked up... Pictures to follow

Sterling by MusicMan AX40 (pink) with the appropriate DiMarzios installed
Sterling by MusicMan AX40D Ruby Red Burst
Sterling by MusicMan Valentine
Sterling by MusicMan Luke (Hazel Burst) with Transition pickups installed
Sterling by MusicMan StingRay (modded with a vintage DiMarzio DP100 in the Bridge and a PAF in the neck)
Sterling by MusicMan SUB 4 (refinished in buttercream) and then sanded and oil and waxed the neck
Sterling by MusicMan SUB 5 (turned out to be a killer player out of the box)

anywho... catching up on all the great threads. Hope to be more active now that things have settled down.

GWDavis28

Wow Peter, that's great man, congrats to you and your wife, kids are the best!!!

HOLY CRAP :eek:, just a little gear, wow!!!

WB, Glenn |B)

dibart77

Welcome back, sir. We missed you! And congratulations on your new addition! Photos or it didn't happen (the Sterlings and Jordan)!

Wahoonc

Congratulations, Peter! Good on you and hope (sounds like) everything is great with your family.

peterd79

View attachment 34427
Welcome back, sir. We missed you! And congratulations on your new addition! Photos or it didn't happen (the Sterlings and Jordan)!

Thanks Jeff,
We'll start with this one...
The hats were a gift to my son and I from Sooj and Eddie Park shortly before the finalization of the adoption.

My son has full access to my guitars and we love playing... his number one request lately is the Hokey Pokey. We got him a Ukulele for Christmas and his uncle R.J. Kaneao is going to teach him how to play one day.
Life really couldn't be much better.

peterd79

Wow Peter, that's great man, congrats to you and your wife, kids are the best!!!

HOLY CRAP :eek:, just a little gear, wow!!!

WB, Glenn |B)

I know... I went from I'm not buying anything else to going to NAMM last year and getting to see the hazel burst Luke. I had to have it. Before I left NAMM I was already talking to Pete (DuBaldo) having one ordered. This thing is an absolute beast.

peterd79

Congratulations, Peter! Good on you and hope (sounds like) everything is great with your family.

Thanks! Everything is fantastic...
We had a lot of ups and downs through the process but we continued to remain positive and just love our little guy.

peterd79

First up is my Pink AX40. This was a craigslist find that I had to jump on. It was a straight up trade for a guitar that I absolutely hated playing. A Gretsch Electromatic ProJet.
This one is the one (in my mind) that got away. My wife and I were on our honeymoon when these were released and I was able to find one at the Guitar Center in Florida before we left on our cruise and I went back to get it before we headed back to California. It had sold the day before. Needless to say when this popped up I had to have it. It's been upgraded by with DiMarzio ToneZone and AirNortons which sound amazing. My first introduction to EBMM was when OLP released the MM1F. I had one and loved it so this was my first return to the Axis lineup in almost 18 years. I fell in love from the moment I picked it up.

View attachment 34433 View attachment 34434 View attachment 34435

peterd79

Next up is the AX40D in Ruby Red Burst
After seeing these at NAMM some time back I fell in love with the color and especially having the real deal DiMarzio's what's not to love. This one popped up on Craigslist a few weeks back and I had to jump on it. The seller upgraded to a Gotoh stainless steel Floyd that he couldn't get to stabilize and stay in tune. He let it go for $300. After an hour of looking over the guitar I spotted the problem and fixed it. The set screws for the saddles were too long and got caught up on the body of the guitar. 10 Minutes later the Floyd dropped where I wanted it to for my setups and she's a beast.
View attachment 34436 View attachment 34437 View attachment 34438

peterd79

Next up is my Valentine.
This one is fantastic and a pickup from Pete DuBaldo shortly after seeing them at NAMM and saving up for it. Nothing over the top with flamed neck like some went out but I love it. This is in my mind a Tele Killer and since both of my teles were stolen I refused to buy another one and this hit the market and I fell in love with it after talking with James for almost 30 minutes about his guitar at NAMM. I was sold...
View attachment 34439 View attachment 34440

peterd79

Last one for tonight is my Luke in HazelBurst...

This last year was a rough one for me mentally. With the reunification of our first placement I was borderline depressed. Just dark time... lots of questions that I had no answers for and almost didn't go to NAMM.

After making the drive and running into some good friends before the show I got a heads up from someone about this release. I thought it was a joke... so anticipation grew and grew and grew until I could get into the show to see for myself.
It was true... I played it and fell in love with it. Funny how music and music gear can bring out good vibes. I had to have one... I ran into Pete DuBaldo and expressed and interest in wanting to get one and I'd start saving up but I'd have to get one for sure.
Long story short Pete got two in and I got to pick mine out. I hadn't even paid yet and I'm picking it out. Fast forward two weeks I finally have the funds together and paid for it and it was on its way. Let me tell ya... Pete and Nick are the best... they pulled a fast one on me and lets just say this was deck out to the 9's and blew me away. There were some major upgrades that weren't expected and or asked for. Pete's my go to from here on out for new buys.

View attachment 34441 View attachment 34442 View attachment 34443

Top Bottom