• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jacek

Hi there,

Is there a big difference between these two models?

Thanks!

peterd79

Jacek-
I have both...

There will be some slight differences between the two. The first thing you’ll notice is the Lk100D is in the “D” designation. This means that it is stock with the DiMarzio translation pickups as those are Luke’s signature pickups. The Luke 100 are equipped with SBMM designed pickups. Both pickups are ceramic magnets; however, the SBMM is a bit o the thin side in the middle positions. Not bad just different. That being said I have the Transitions in both guitars and the Luke100 is a bit brighter/louder this is the difference between a stained finish and the painted finish. Both guitars play and feel the same.
The 10db boost is really great to take it over the top and push your amp.

Both are great guitars and would suggest either one. My favorite of the two is the hazel burst

peterd79

To add to the above, the LK100 has a roasted maple neck w/ rosewood board, while the LK100D has a plain maple neck w/ rosewood board.

yes... this is what happens when you're falling asleep and posting you forget the obvious. I think the OP may have posted on the Sterling Facebook page and I caught it there this morning.

Top Bottom