• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

LewisW

Hey guys - I played a luke 3 BFR HH on the weekend for the first time and as you expect loved everything about it ... One thing I was surprised by was the weight of it, does anyone have experience of having both and the differences in weight (if any) and if the maple cap and tone block make considerable tone differences etc?

Im defiantly looking at getting one.. just wanted a little more insight before I begin the hunt for one.

Thanks

Fro

I have a BFR Burl that’s lighter than the LIII that I sold after I received the Burl. There isn’t any tone differences between the two with both having the same pickups.
I think you will be happy with either.

mikeller

I have a LIII (full Rosewood neck) and a BFR. I don't notice any weight difference. Generally speaking the tone is similar but I find the BFR to be slightly richer sounded. Both are awesome

LewisW

Interesting insights! I have an all rosewood necked silhouette ... I like it but prefer the roasted maple feel, so it will defiantly be a BFR hazel or a bodhi blue .. first time ive used a floating trem as well and was surprised how much I was into it.

tbonesullivan

The rosewood necks are NIIICEEE. Though I don't really have much of a basis for comparison, as I only have one Luke III

Top Bottom