• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

drTStingray

This is warts and all one - first song, no sound check street festival gig - first time I'd played the bass other than in the shop when I collected it. It's on the centre setting (both humbuckers) - DId into the PA before the amp - an Orange 200 watt with a 4 X 10 - I'd never used one of those before either!! House PA and sound guys - that said the sound was pretty good and especially later in the set.

I think the bass was all on centre detent but I did up the mid when I couldn't hear the harmonics on the stage (an amp issue as they come out on the PA Ok

Get Carter live September 1st 2018 at Faversham Hop Festival - YouTube

Last edited:

amispy

Nice sounding group. Btw, I like how you matched your shirt color to the bass. :)

danny-79

Love the black hardware, it’s a nice looking bass.
Watching that has done nothing for my SR4HH GAS

drTStingray

Thanks guys. It's a great bass and the reduced weight is very noticeable. Shirt colour was not deliberate haha - in fact it was a last minute change of heart as the original choice I backed out of as too bright and gaudy - definitely not becoming of a bass player......

Attached is a link to another gig - same event, same shirt...., different venue, one year previously but with my 2007 SR4HH also on middle selector position. Through LM3 and 2 X 2 X 10. Interesting contrast (please ignore the outrageous timing error on the bass in the breakdown - also its audience participation - the rub board folks are from the audience!!) (not totally comparable though as the new bass was through a valve rig and PA direct).

Get Carter at the 2017 Faversham Hop festival - YouTube

I also have another new bass - SR5HH special in Cruz teal - sounds the same as the 4 but with 5 strings which I really like!! If I ever work out how to post pics here again - I will!!

Top Bottom