• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

loocnmad

Hi everybody, first time posting. I've wanted an EBMM for years but I don't see them in stores very often so it was always back of mind. Last month I took a chance and ordered a SSS Cutlass. Wow! I can believe I waited so long. Two weeks later I put a strat and 2 tele's up for sale then bought a Valentine.

I know some will comment on the neck width but for people like me, who have small stupid fingers, they're the easiest I've ever played. It was a bit of a surprise to find I slightly prefer the more vintage profile of the Cutlass but they're both just great.

The only question left for me is which model to get next, Silhouette or Axis Super Sport.......

attachment.php

xjbebop

Outstanding! Welcome!
Let me be the first to suggest you put an Albert Lee model at the top of your 'next' list....
You can thank me later.... ;)

GWDavis28

Wow congrats and welcome!!!!

I'm with X, give an AL a whirl, you won't be disappointed.

Glenn |B)

jones4tone

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on two great guitars!

I've never had an AL, but one thing to note there is that the AL HH has the same pickups as the Axis SS. You might find the body contour of the AL more comfortable than the Axis body, which has no arm relief, and a sharper edge than your Valentine.

xjbebop

^^^ this is all true, plus the fact that on the AL the pups are covered and pick guard mounted whereas the ASS pups are uncovered and body mounted results in a noticeable difference in voicings.
Both are awesome though...

Fro

Very nice guitars and welcome to the family. I'm going to throw my two cents in and say you need to start saving up for a LIII for your next guitar. The neck shape on my LIII and my Cutlass are very similar. It may be because they are both bound.
Or, get an ALHH.

spychocyco

Nice ones, especially that flame neck on the Cutlass. My vote would be for the Axis next -- best neck available as far as I'm concerned. :)

loocnmad

Thanks for the kind words everybody. The neck on the Cutlass was the tipping point for me. I haven't looked at the AL's in a while but I just checked out the HB model with the rosewood neck. I love playing on rw necks!

Bunch enablers in here : )

Terry007

Hi everybody, first time posting. I've wanted an EBMM for years but I don't see them in stores very often so it was always back of mind. Last month I took a chance and ordered a SSS Cutlass. Wow! I can believe I waited so long. Two weeks later I put a strat and 2 tele's up for sale then bought a Valentine.

I know some will comment on the neck width but for people like me, who have small stupid fingers, they're the easiest I've ever played. It was a bit of a surprise to find I slightly prefer the more vintage profile of the Cutlass but they're both just great.

The only question left for me is which model to get next, Silhouette or Axis Super Sport.......

attachment.php

Congratulations! We did almost the same thing. I bought a Valentine without ever playing one. Needless to say I absolutely love it. I bought a silver frost Stingray a month later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom