• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

newtomusic

I am looking at purchasing a JP15; the only color avaialble in my area is the teal. Do you think this color is trendy? Should I wait for the black as a safer investment?

Fro

Don’t worry about being trendy. Get the one YOU like best. Personally, I’d rather have the teal.

GWDavis28

Go play it, like the others have said, it's all how it feels and plays to you.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

Axis_SC

I think the Teal is nice... Although black a touch nicer. The black or the Sienna (or whatever that brownish color is called) look best and as another person mentioned, would likely be easier to sell, if that ever was the case.

tbonesullivan

Buying a new guitar is honestly not a good "investment". If you're worrying about reselling it later, the market is fickle for all guitars, regardless of color.

I would choose teal out of all of them because of the gloss finish on the body. The satin feels nice but satin finishes tend to gloss over in patches after you've used them for a while. I have a black satin JP7 that has gloss in patches from my arm, it looks like its all greasy in spots like ive been eating french fries on it and it drives me crazy. Going forward, black satin finishes are a deal breaker for me because of this. Not dissing it because i prefer the way the black looks but that satin finish... just something to think about.

spychocyco

I love the teal myself. I used to love black guitars, but now it's just plain to me. I've gotten rid of all my plain black ones, except for my first cheapo that's not worth anything and my SB4, which only comes in black. I'd rather have something more interesting.

Top Bottom