• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Chaka5150

Newly acquired JP15. I changed the strings immediately to my hybrids. Adjusted the trem claw so bridge is parallel to body. Not sure if that changed anything but the open b string buzzes. I have also tried adjusting the truss rod but makes no difference. Raise the b saddle? Is the nut slot perhaps too low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Axis_SC

Yes you could raise that saddle a smidge... But keep in mind, a truss rod adjustment may take a little while to "set in"... In your case you'd want to loosen it a bit.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Open string only? If open string only (i.e. 1st fretted note is totally fine) the nut slot may need looking at. Either it's too low (fret buzz on 1st fret) or the back angle of the slot needs fixing (often a more sitar-like sound than fret buzz). If you are still under warranty, call your dealer.

If fretted notes also buzz, then check the saddle height isn't out of whack with the others.

Chaka5150

Open string only? If open string only (i.e. 1st fretted note is totally fine) the nut slot may need looking at. Either it's too low (fret buzz on 1st fret) or the back angle of the slot needs fixing (often a more sitar-like sound than fret buzz). If you are still under warranty, call your dealer.

If fretted notes also buzz, then check the saddle height isn't out of whack with the others.

Yeah i think this is what is happening. It is sitar like sounding and fretted notes are fine. Taking it to the shop as I have a free setup within first year. Thanks for the tips

Santuzzo

Yeah i think this is what is happening. It is sitar like sounding and fretted notes are fine. Taking it to the shop as I have a free setup within first year. Thanks for the tips

does the string move a bit sideways in the nut-slot? if so, the nut slot may be cut a bit too wide causing the sitar-like sound.

Top Bottom