• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

danny-79

A very quick cameo though. Only seen the film once (brilliant film want to go see it again) not sure what model it was, it looked like it had a lacquered neck ? Possibly an anniversary model of some description maybe?

mmbassplayer

I was thinking about this the other night... it appeared to be a modern Stingray Classic in sunburst with a crazy flamed neck. Obvious indications were truss rod wheel at pick guard and not at headstock. Still enjoyed seeing the it and wished it got more screen time.

tbonesullivan

Yeah, I saw that. Definitely a looker. I also noticed that they definitely did a good job getting the actors to look like they were actually playing the music.

amispy

Yeah, I saw that. Definitely a looker. I also noticed that they definitely did a good job getting the actors to look like they were actually playing the music.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm glad the actors look like they're playing. Makes me nuts when the acting is so obviously fake.

danny-79

I was thinking about this the other night... it appeared to be a modern Stingray Classic in sunburst with a crazy flamed neck. Obvious indications were truss rod wheel at pick guard and not at headstock. Still enjoyed seeing the it and wished it got more screen time.

It’s definitely a new model but who is ever going to notice that apart from us lot ? :p

Golem

On that note [not a pun ... REEEALLY NOT] you
might wanna download Terry Gross's interview
of 21 NOV on NPR's "Fresh Air" program. All the
shows are archived as podcasts.

Last edited:

Lax

I saw the music man bass too !!! Was happily surprised :)

And the movie was a wonderful experience from laugh to tears we enjoyed it 100%

mouth

It was an EBMM Classic Stingray. Not very historically correct lol. But most of the movie wasn't anyway. There was a discussion about it on the "Pre Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Bass Fans" on Facebook already. I noticed it straight away in the cinema.

bbjonz

It was an EBMM Classic Stingray. Not very historically correct lol. But most of the movie wasn't anyway. There was a discussion about it on the "Pre Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Bass Fans" on Facebook already. I noticed it straight away in the cinema.

I remember reading somewhere that recent movies about musicians/bands have "instrument experts" just to make sure that things look reasonably correct. "Jersey Boys" is one example. Last thing we want is something like that Frankenstrat that was used in the "Buddy Holly Story."

Hellboy

John Deacon. What a great bass player he was. Sad he is out of the game. Has not touched a bass in 20 years now it seems. Think he had two Stingray´s.

ArchibaldXenia

I've been watching this movie for a long time. Now that I want to watch this movie, where can I watch it?
- I have researched and found the application to watch TV, movies mobdro. Mobdro is a free application to watch TV, movies for smart devices android, ios, pc, ... Download mobdro 2.1.96 from mobdrovip provider at: Mobdro for PC - Download Mobdro for Windows, Mac and Laptop

Last edited:
Top Bottom