• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Etudica

New inventory shows a brand new "Willcutt 50th Anni. LTD Roasted Amber" JP15 with a high gloss top!!! Oh yeah, and roasted neck awesomeness too! It looks absolutely stunning. Can any one from EBMM sales give us an idea of how many of these will be produced? It'd be nice to know how limited they will be (and therefore how soon we should jump on these!)

It would also be nice to know if this is truly a one-off run or if we can expect more high gloss JP15 color options in the future. I'm not asking to give away any future BFR plans or specifics... just a "yes" or "no" will suffice ;)

GWDavis28

You gotta include a link and pictures man.

Ernie Ball Music Man JP15 Willcutt 50th Anni. LTD Roasted Amber (601)

G87601-4sm.jpg

G87601-1.jpg

G87601-2.jpg

G87601-3.jpg

Glenn |B)

Etudica

Excellent scouting!! =D

It's an EBMM JP BFR however, not a JP15.

At first I only saw the JP15 version, but it seems you are correct after looking more closely at the pics and listing Glenn linked to.

EDIT: There appears to be both a BFR and JP15 versions listed at Willcutt. The link that Glenn found does in fact appear to be a BFR, but this one appears to be a true JP15: Ernie Ball Music Man JP15 Willcutt 50th Anni. LTD Roasted Amber (691)

The BFR has a rosewood board. The JP15 is the roasted maple with push/push boost. Here is the JP15:
G87691-1.jpg

Last edited:

Etudica

Thanks for linking the pics Glenn. I posted this while at work this morning and didn't have the time. Much appreciated!

Etudica

The pics showing them sitting in their cases are simply mesmerizing:

G87604-7.jpg

johnnyboogie

So, there is a JP15 as well, niiice!! Those maple tops should be on every guitar, justifies the money you're paying for it. The last picture you posted excellently shows off the 3D effect of the quilted top.

Edit: JP BFR No. 604 has by far the best quilted maple top combined with a very rich in bird's eyes spots maple neck. Someone grab it and never let go =D

Last edited:

gurtejsingh

Absolutely stunning and gorgeous!! Beats any of the previous colors! Only quilt top? Or is there going to be a flame top as well? Also, is this a gloss finish? Looks like.

WillyD

Ernie Ball, Inc.
New inventory shows a brand new "Willcutt 50th Anni. LTD Roasted Amber" JP15 with a high gloss top!!! Oh yeah, and roasted neck awesomeness too! It looks absolutely stunning. Can any one from EBMM sales give us an idea of how many of these will be produced? It'd be nice to know how limited they will be (and therefore how soon we should jump on these!)

It would also be nice to know if this is truly a one-off run or if we can expect more high gloss JP15 color options in the future. I'm not asking to give away any future BFR plans or specifics... just a "yes" or "no" will suffice ;)

The 50th Anniversary Willcutt models were not a numbered series, but will not be reproduced. Unfortunately, we do not provide production numbers. They have a few BFR's left and one 15. Contact James Adkins at Willcutt guitars for more info

Fro

It's very hard to resist jumping on one of these. If it had binding on the neck I probably couldn't resist.

GWDavis28

Thanks for linking the pics Glenn. I posted this while at work this morning and didn't have the time. Much appreciated!

Not a problem, always happy to help. Nice find by the way, I'm sure a lot will be interested!!

Glenn |B)

Etudica

Could Willy or someone from sales verify if the necks on these are unfinished (wax/oil) or satin finish (like Valentines/etc). The listing for the JP15 anniversary model says "Neck Wood: Roasted Figured Maple, oil/wax hand rub", but none of the other models in the JP15s line have this description. Is that 100% correct?

WillyD

Ernie Ball, Inc.
Could Willy or someone from sales verify if the necks on these are unfinished (wax/oil) or satin finish (like Valentines/etc). The listing for the JP15 anniversary model says "Neck Wood: Roasted Figured Maple, oil/wax hand rub", but none of the other models in the JP15s line have this description. Is that 100% correct?

Hi Etudica,
Hand rub would be oil and wax

Etudica

Thanks for confirming. I have never owned an unfinished oil/wax neck so this would be something completely new to me... even more reason to seriously consider this purchase.

Also wanted to add that there is a Luke limited run as well for the LIII fans!!!

G87750-1.jpg

GWDavis28

Top Bottom