• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
I just purchased an Axis Super Sport and the action is very good at the nut
but toward the bridge the strings are 1/4 inch above the frets - this is just too high

the neck truss rod has just a little relief in it - and the bridge appears to be
on the body of the guitar - I know there are individual adjust screws for each string
but I really doubt I will be able to get the action low enough considering it is already close at the nut.

any ideas

hard to take a photo to show it but the measurements are one mm ish at the nut and 1/4 inch at the end near the bridge. there is just a little relief in the neck and I just bought it and wonder am I better off sending it back or trying to get it adjusted?

beej

It should be pretty much perfect from the factory. If it's not, the only adjustment you'd really need is relief (do a search here- lots of threads on it). I don't think you will need to touch the saddles.

But really, if you're not comfortable doing this, or if there's something out of the ordinary, take it back to your dealer and ask for help.

one of the reasons I wanted to purchase this guitar is because in the youtube video it is stated that the buyer does not have to be able to make these adjustments it should come in good shape and ready to play

The tone is amazing as well as the neck and it is a limited edition

GWDavis28

one of the reasons I wanted to purchase this guitar is because in the youtube video it is stated that the buyer does not have to be able to make these adjustments it should come in good shape and ready to play

The tone is amazing as well as the neck and it is a limited edition

Nice guitar, did you get it locally? Did you get it new? If so, your covered with a warranty. The dealer should be able to deal with any issues and if not then, EBMM CS should be able to help out.

Glenn |B)

Fro

I’d say adjust the relief. Then adjust the action at the saddles. Then adjust intonation.
Nothing to it. Setting up your guitar is a skill that everyone should learn.

beej

Guitar necks are made of wood. As such, they're going to expand and contract slightly as moisture levels change.

Adjusting a truss rod is one of those things you need to learn, to get the most out of any guitar. It literally takes a second or two to do.

Pops

Any guitar repair shop or luthier will set it up no problem.Although I can do a set up myself being a lazy sod
I take all my guitars to a local luthier who will set it up in a lot less time than it takes me.However be aware that pick up height
is non adjustable on the ASS

Top Bottom