• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DFLCC

I own three MM Monarch Majesty and the really don't like my Kemper Profiler Amp (KPA). Within two minutes after plug in to the KPA, the volume would cut to about halve and a few seconds later the volume is just out. This does not happen with my none active guitars. If I switch my Majesties to my Blackstar HT60 MKII they work like a champ. I had my first Kemper replaced by Sweetwater, but now with the second one the problem persist. As it seems that this is related to the guitar, I believe this has to do with the Majesty's active/pre-amp circuit and I wonder if there are any other Majesty/Kemper users that have experienced this problem, and wonder if there is a possible solution. I really like my KPA but it still on the trial period so I may be forced to returned to recuperate my money.

Thanks in advance

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Your amplifier should not care what is plugged into it.

Try to replicate the problem as follows...

1) Majesty plugged straight into the Kemper.

2) Majesty plugged into a buffered (i.e. non-true bypass) pedal and then plug pedal into amplifier.

If the problem occurs at all in scenario 2 it is definitely the KPA and nothing to do with the Majesty (because the KPA sees the pedal buffer and not the the guitar).

Last edited:

DFLCC

Your amplifier should not care what is plugged into it.

Try to replicate the problem as follows...

1) Majesty plugged straight into the Kemper.

2) Majesty plugged into a buffered (i.e. non-true bypass) pedal and then plug pedal into amplifier.

If the problem occurs at all in scenario 2 it is definitely the KPA and nothing to do with the Majesty (because the KPA sees the pedal buffer and not the the guitar).

Thanks for the Idea. I plugged the the Majesty to my wireless system transmitter (TX) and the receiver to the Kemper and worked like a champ.

I also troubleshot the Kempers Input for unwanted signals (voltage) and shot .03 VAC and 0 VDC. Compared to my HT60 MKII and Blues Deluxe who shot .04 VAC and 0 VDC both.

The wireless TX has a switchcraft connector. Could it be a low quality cable jack? The instrument cable, Live Wire, jacks are unbranded.

Thanks again

DFLCC

Resolved

Since the Majesty has a TRS output them I got suspicious that the jack from my cable may be the problem. Compared to the jack of my Audio Technica transmitter pack to the Live Wire cinstrument cable, the gap between the tip (center conductor) and the post (common) of the jack look to be less and slightly compressed in the instrument cable. The jack on the Wireless is a switchcraft while the cable is unbranded. All my cables are Live Wire, so had to buy a new one. Got me a quality Diaddario instrument cable, paid quite a bit for it. Now I have been playing for a couple of hours frustration free and no signal lost.

I suspect the the output jack of the Majesty been TRS, that a compressed and or reduced gap between the center conductor and the post of the cable jack could cause a short between the magnetic pickups and the piezoelectric conductor. This would allow the output signal from the guitar to bleed back to the pre amp of the guitar causing it to act up and finally cut off. Definitely not a Kemper problem.

Though I share this with you all as it may as well help someone in a similar situations.

Top Bottom