• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

armybass

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
1D3B6099-CB05-48BF-AF93-D12AA5920967.jpg

I have been a holdout on the Bongos for some time even though I’ve been a fan of the looks since day one. I was not interested because I wasn’t really a fan of solid colors and I preferred ash bodies and thought that I didn’t like Basswood. As with all things we mellow and change with age and our minds tend to open up a bit. I decided to give the Bongo 6 HS a shot. I liked the Bongo 6 I had before but think I prefer the H and HS. Well this one is the charm. I love this bass. It’s perfect. Love the playability and tone right out if the case. Can’t wait to gig it next weekend.

epitaph04

Nothing like a bongo. Dont be afraid to push the EQ or even cut a lot of EQ on either pickup. Bongo has a tendency to sound good on many many settings. Its EQ is very powerful. Congratulations and also thats a great color!

Chuck M

Yes, Scott, we have been Bongolized for sure. I spent a lot of time with mine since it arrived yesterday and we are getting along very well. The electronics are fantastic, the bass plays great and looks good to me in gloss black.

The string spacing at the nut is a bit wide for my taste but I have just been playing through book one of the Dotzauer cello etudes to help my hands adjust to the bass. I think in a few days it will no longer feel wide. I, like you, don't seem to have much trouble switching between 4,5 and 6 string basses and adjusting to slightly different dimensions just takes some time.

It will be fun the first time I play it in public.

bovinehost

Administrator
I can't tell you how this warms my cold heart. Especially Chuck! You should have seen him the first time I broke out a Bongo at our old blues jam!

Chuck M

Well, I just play it....I didn't buy it to look at. lol

It has taken all these years for me to finally accept the unique look of the Bongo. I never have been crazy about painted necks either...but here I am owning one and enjoying it. The gloss black is, for me, the most attractive opaque finish on the Bongo. Yes, Jack loves sparkly finishes just as many others apparently do but I am an old guy who loves the look of wood...and if I can't have wood...I'll take black.

There are many things to love about this Bongo 6. The electronics are fantastic. My hat is off to the team that did that wonder of engineering. The shape of the neck is wonderful....most playable and comfortable...easy to get around on. The hardware is very nice indeed. It is designed with the heritage of the electric bass firmly in mind but there are little subtle things...like the fact that the two raised fasteners that secure the neck end of the bridge are positioned to hold the string saddles together rather like a saddle lock...brilliant. Then there is the best truss rod adjustment system....THE BEST. Yeah, this is a great bass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom