• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

pureanalog

It seems that the only way to insert or remove the FR tremolo bar is to remove the back cover (6 screws) and using an allen wrench tighten the bar from the back. Am I the only one who thinks this is terribly impractical or did I get something wrong regarding placing the tremolo bar in place?

Also there should be a small screw on the front side to tighten the tremolo bar or relax it right? What kind of screw should that be. It seems that I am missing it.

daneford

When I had my silo with a floyd, I just left the backplate off and adjusted the tension using the bottom screw the secured the bar.

dibart77

It seems that the only way to insert or remove the FR tremolo bar is to remove the back cover (6 screws) and using an allen wrench tighten the bar from the back. Am I the only one who thinks this is terribly impractical or did I get something wrong regarding placing the tremolo bar in place?

Generally speaking, the bar isn't designed to be removed. Unlike the modern EBMM Floyd (or an Ibanez or whatever), the bar is not really supposed to be removed. All the EBMM cases (the original G&G which your Silo would have shipped with) or the present day SKB molded cases) have room for the guitar to be in the case with the trem bar installed. No need to remove. Yes, if you want to remove it, you need to take off the back cover and undo the allen screw. So, yes, it makes removing the bar impractical, but it wasn't designed for that.

Also there should be a small screw on the front side to tighten the tremolo bar or relax it right? What kind of screw should that be. It seems that I am missing it.

It's a teensy allen screw without a head (the allen wrench just goes into the end of the screw. You can email EBMM customer service and they can get you one for a couple bucks. It controls how tight your bar is but also the WOBBLE of the bar (how sloppy/how much play does your bar have).

pureanalog

Generally speaking, the bar isn't designed to be removed. Unlike the modern EBMM Floyd (or an Ibanez or whatever), the bar is not really supposed to be removed. All the EBMM cases (the original G&G which your Silo would have shipped with) or the present day SKB molded cases) have room for the guitar to be in the case with the trem bar installed. No need to remove. Yes, if you want to remove it, you need to take off the back cover and undo the allen screw. So, yes, it makes removing the bar impractical, but it wasn't designed for that.

It's a teensy allen screw without a head (the allen wrench just goes into the end of the screw. You can email EBMM customer service and they can get you one for a couple bucks. It controls how tight your bar is but also the WOBBLE of the bar (how sloppy/how much play does your bar have).

I don't live in the US, so it would be impractical to ask to buy a screw from them. So I wondered if anyone knew the dimensions of the screw so that I get one on the local market. Is it metric or inch?

GWDavis28

I don't live in the US, so it would be impractical to ask to buy a screw from them. So I wondered if anyone knew the dimensions of the screw so that I get one on the local market. Is it metric or inch?

Email Customer Service for the Set Screw size, they should be able to help you out.

Glenn |B)

Etudica

It controls how tight your bar is but also the WOBBLE of the bar (how sloppy/how much play does your bar have).

Maybe a dumb question, but on a regular JP6 bridge (non-floyd) is there a second adjustment available to take out "slop" in addition to the tension adjustment under the intonation screws? One of my JPs has noticeably more wobble inside the bridge than the others, but all have roughly the same rotational tension.

tbonesullivan

Maybe a dumb question, but on a regular JP6 bridge (non-floyd) is there a second adjustment available to take out "slop" in addition to the tension adjustment under the intonation screws? One of my JPs has noticeably more wobble inside the bridge than the others, but all have roughly the same rotational tension.

There should be a grub screw on the bottom of the block I believe.

Top Bottom