• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Markx

After ordering this last Friday I got lucky and it was delivered a day early. I can't thank Pete Dubaldo and DuBaldo Music enough. They are hands down the best PDN shop in the business. They included some great case candy including the stereo splitter with an engraved Majesty logo. I have to say even in spite of the guitar I was speechless when I opened it and noticed the logo.

The sparkle is something that has to be seen to believe. The surface of the guitar looks almost alive in the light. The Runway inlay is beautiful and vanishes from view while in the playing position for a fret marker free playing surface. As expected the Sonic Ecstasy pickups are a perfect match. While the CL/LF or Illuminator sets are great, the Sonic Ecstasy are simply next level.

This guitar sounds and plays fantastic and probably has a bit more "mojo" than my Monarchy although they are fundamentally the same. I didn't know I wanted sparkles, but this guitar is exactly what I've been dreaming of.

Thanks EBMM, John Petrucci, and Dubaldo Music.

...back to playing!
IMG_0284.jpg IMG_0287.jpg IMG_0288.jpg IMG_0283.jpg

amispy

That's a great looking blue. Can yell me about the splitter box? Why is it needed?

PeteDuBaldo

That's a great looking blue. Can yell me about the splitter box? Why is it needed?

It's a way to split the piezo and magnetic signals to different amps/PA. Some people use a stereo Y cable, others use a stereo cable to a splitter box. If you aren't splitting the signal then a regular mono cable is fine. The particular engraving on the splitter box we gave Markx was one of a few prototypes I did when we were testing out our new CNC - it's not a pattern we offer for purchase.

Here is our standard version w/ engraving that we are currently including with new Majesty models:

Top Bottom