• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Dphc13

So I contacted EBMM about the grub screw that is stuck in the saddle on my Stingray. After emailing back and forth I got found that it will 2 dollars and some change for the screw and over 10$ to ship.... a screw. You could actually put it in a letter envelope and send it. I don’t really get 10 bucks to ship. But I really don’t have much of a choice because it seems like everything is proprietary.

Fleece3

I have ordered from them, their shipping charge is the same for pretty much everything. You can order a set of tuning keys or a single 9v battery cover. The shipping will be the same. However, I have always gotten a quote of $7.50.

The one thing that I do wish was different is that the REPLACEMENT parts you get will be the CURRENT part. Not a original replacement. Example....I have a 1987 Stingray. When I ordered replacement sting tree and strap buttons, I got the ones that are used on their basses today (they are different). No biggie, while I am using these, I am gonna refinish the originals. I want to stay as original as possible.

tbonesullivan

Well.. if the grub screw is stuck in the saddle, how do you know it's not the saddle that has issues? You might need to replace the whole saddle.

Anyway, they have a flat fee for parts usually.

Also, yes you can just drop it in an envelope. We've had lots of parts vendors where I work do that. And lots of them got those same parts lost in the mail when the sorter shredded a flat envelope with a hard small object in it.

Chuck M

I need some parts for a G&L bass. Little stuff like screws. Called and was told they will send them no charge. That was about 90 days ago. Still waiting. Called twice and emailed them 2 times. I would happily pay$10 shipping for small parts shipped in a reasonable time period.

It is not the cost of the parts or the actual shipping you are paying for. You are paying for a person that leaves his important daily job and takes time to secure and package the small parts you need.

Archon

What email address did you use? I tried the contact us link a while back and have yet to receive a response.

Top Bottom