• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mystixboi1

You know what would be cool? If Music Man would allow us to order any combination of colors and wood on any model.

Obviously I’m not suggesting that this wouldn’t be a permanent thing. I was thinking for one week during the year, if it was announced way in advance and we had some kind of spec sheet to figure out what we wanted, we can place orders to dealers during a certain week of the year to build our dream Music Man‘s.

That would be baller. Don’t give me wrong. I love love love most of the finishes and specs offered, but this could be friggin awesome.

What would you order?

Magic Jason

A time-limited-custom-shop. Big Poppa will be thrilled. :)
Joke aside, it'd be great but wouldn't work fir sig models. MM philosophy is to make what the artist wants/plays available for us. Not the other way around.

Last edited:

MM Luke

Tried to get my purple firemist Luke headstock painted ... Answer from EBMM: "negative, we no longer offer that" . So EBMM will paint matching headstocks in just about EVERY other model in purple firemist but not the Luke. Kinda silly. That's all I would ask for ...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

JasonT

I know there's no chance Big Poppa would agree to do this, but if he did . . .

LIII HH in blue dawn. Mahagony body, roasted maple neck, ebony fretboard, stainless steel frets, matching headstock.

Not holding my breath, but Pete DuBaldo knows I'd be calling him immediately to place my order if this were ever available.

MrJJoncas

I understand running a custom shop is a completly different thing than what MM is doing, but I think it could be cool to have a few options available at least like: hardware color (if already produced in that color), matching headstock, a few more solid colors may be. I'd not even ask for fretboards and inlays.

On an other subject, I'd personaly rebrand the JP line. Discountinue the JP BFR and JP11. Update the original JP with the JPXX shape. Make the JP15 the new JP BFR and offer more finishes and a second neck option with an ebony fretbaord. Keep the original Majesty as is but regroup the artisan and monarchy line under a single name. It would just streamline the whole offering.

Jaspergep

I understand running a custom shop is a completly different thing than what MM is doing, but I think it could be cool to have a few options available at least like: hardware color (if already produced in that color), matching headstock, a few more solid colors may be. I'd not even ask for fretboards and inlays.

This would be fantastic! In addition maybe the color of the pickups, or closed/open humbuckers could be chosen.

Magic Jason

I know there's no chance Big Poppa would agree to do this, but if he did . . .

LIII HH in blue dawn. Mahagony body, roasted maple neck, ebony fretboard, stainless steel frets, matching headstock.

Not holding my breath, but Pete DuBaldo knows I'd be calling him immediately to place my order if this were ever available.

Pete's phone would melt!

johnnyboogie

On an other subject, I'd personaly rebrand the JP line. Discountinue the JP BFR and JP11. Update the original JP with the JPXX shape. Make the JP15 the new JP BFR and offer more finishes and a second neck option with an ebony fretbaord. Keep the original Majesty as is but regroup the artisan and monarchy line under a single name. It would just streamline the whole offering.

The JP6&JP7 have their own fanbase, discontinuing it is practically impossible. In addition, I am certain that it has attracted a lot of the Silhouette fans as well, as it is essentially based on the Silhouette shape. Finally, I believe that the sales generated by the JP6&JP7 models are that good that discontinuing it would be a suicidal move business-wise.

Offering finish options on the JPXI would be a great move, as it is the only remaining JPX-shaped model that retains the opaque finish (body&neck). More finishes on the JP15, combined with the alternative for ebony fretboard would also be a great move as you say.

LordRiffenstein

I agree, I have a JP6 and JP15 and think they're both great but feel like totally different beasts. That scoop feels so weird the first time but then switching back to a guitar without it feels so bulky.

Top Bottom