• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Chuck M

Yes, you all know I am crazy about my gloss black Bongo 6 HH. So much to love about it and there is also something special about the case. It is a substantial case built to really protect the bass but the boys and girls at Ernie Ball also put a little name tag on it that tells me it is a Bongo case. For those of us gear heads that have a lot of different basses this is a real help.

Details. They thought of most everything, didn't they?

By the way, did I tell you that I love it? I do. I really wanted to PM Big Poppa and tell him how great it is but something kept me from it.

bovinehost

Administrator
All of my older cases have the type of bass written on the end so I don't have to guess, but yep, all the new cases have that already taken care of with the nice red nametag,

Cool detail, I agree.

Chuck M

Many manufacturers ship basses with their own brand of strings...they usually suck...the OEM strings on my Bongo do not suck. Nope, instead they sound and feel wonderful. Now I just need to make certain I know the exact set that came on my Bongo so I can order more.

These should be the ones? Slinky Nickel Wound Electric Bass 5 & 6 Strings | Ernie Ball

I'm still tempted to PM Big Poppa!

Last edited:

Chuck M

I played the Bongo in church this morning. It is even better sounding in a band situation. It balances perfectly on a strap....no neck dive. This is just over the top for me and I am having too much fun playing this bass.

I hope you don't wait as long as I did to get a Bongo. You are missing something fantastic if you don't have one.

Last edited:

bovinehost

Administrator
I played the Bongo in church this morning. It is even better sounding in a band situation. It balances perfectly on a strap....no neck dive. This is just over the top for me and I am having too much fun playing this bass.

I hope you don't wait as long as I did to get a Bongo. You are missing something fantastic if you don't have one.

I always remember the first time I brought that orange Bongo to the biker bar for the jam night. I was sitting at the bar (drinking water because until coWpilot, I never drank when I played) and the waitress - whom I had seen about a million times and we'd never spoken - said, "That is the coolest bass I've ever seen."

People notice the Bongo, eh?

Chuck M

Yes, Jack, the worship leader noticed it right away and commented on how good it sounded. The ergonomics are about perfect on my 6. Every note I wanted was right under my fingers. I know I am gushing about this bass but I just can't help it. This is as close to a perfect fit as I have ever experienced. I guess I have become BBC....Bongo Boy Chuck.

brash47

Many manufacturers ship basses with their own brand of strings...they usually suck...the OEM strings on my Bongo do not suck. Nope, instead they sound and feel wonderful. Now I just need to make certain I know the exact set that came on my Bongo so I can order more.

These should be the ones? Slinky Nickel Wound Electric Bass 5 & 6 Strings | Ernie Ball

I'm still tempted to PM Big Poppa!
Chuck, as awesome as the OEM strings are that shipped on the bass....just once, try these. I think you will be completely blown away by the feel and incredible sound you get...

Slinky Cobalt Electric Bass Strings | Ernie Ball

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

brash47

I know John Myung uses these exclusively so there has to be a set....

Chuck M

Great news that there is a 6 string set. I've looked online and have yet to find them. I just need a set number and will look for them.

This Bongo has really opened some new doors in my thinking. Did I tell you I love it?

five7

I thought you wanted the OEM factory shipped strings on the bass. I like coated slinky's on my bongo and cobalt's on my sterling. They both last longer than regular slinky's

brash47

Time to ask the experts over in the string section....it may be we have to find a single string to go with the 5 string like other brands

Chuck M

I have my strings ordered. I ordered Slinky Cobalt .032's from Ernie Ball and 5 string sets from Sweetwater. Can't wait to try them. If they make my Bongo sound better.......you guys will have to endure more positive declarations from me.

Did I tell you I love my Bongo HH 6 string? Perhaps I should PM Big Poppa. Something keeps me from it. I know, I will tell Jack (again) and he will tell Big Poppa!

Top Bottom