• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jasper

The St Vincent HH neck I tried a while back seemed a bit too narrow and slim to me . It is the only one I have tried . Does anyone know if the BFR version of the Vincent has the same neck profile as the standard ? I have not played an Albert Lee recently but have read that it's neck is similar to the St V - is that true ?

Fro

My BFR feels a bit fuller than the stock model I tried.

St_G

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if the AL the StV had the same neck, since she was playing a Lees on stage for a year or two in the lead-up to her signature model.

As for the BFRs, any difference there is only going to be a) the result of normal production variation (not sure what standard EB uses, but I once toured a VERY BIG GUITAR COMPANY'S factory and they bragged that their neck profiles were crafted to 1/16" tolerances...as though an 1/8" difference wasn't friggin' HUGE) or b) a product of whatever differences in feel neck binding imparts, since that's been added to at least some of the St Vincenct special runs.

kimonostereo

FWIW, all of the EBMM necks with binding I have ever played felt different, or "fatter" compared to the same models without binding.

Top Bottom