• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Spudmurphy

Hi
Well after 42 years working for HMRC I've retired!

I'm not missing the 6:15 am alarm that's for sure ... so now I have more time to spend on my DeLorean :) and playing guitar. I have an audition tomorrow and have learnt 20+ numbers and reggae is not as easy as you may think.

After practicing using a Fender Modern Jaguar with 2 MM 90's I decided to break out my all time favourite - the 2006 LEAL which has 3 MM90's and trem.

Through my old '81 MM RD50 amp it sounds fantastic. Also ditching my fav pedals and usin an old Pod XT (Red Kidney Bean) and floorboard.

Anyway - this 06 LEAL will never leave me - it plays amazing - and it will be nice to gig again - assuming I pass the audition :)

xjbebop

You lucky bastid! ;)
Congrats... now you can enjoy life!
Good luck w/ the Reggae... some quality metronome time is in order I would think...

Spudmurphy

Cheers guys - I have one last day - (tomorrow) rehearsing Bob Marley, Toots and the Maytals, the specials etc... I'm kind've enjoying it - but it's keeping me away from converting my Krups 233 to a Mr Fusion lol

Magic Jason

YAMAN, I sure wish you a happy retirement, enjoy it!

I'm supposed to play some reggae on a carnival float in March... but I'm far too afraid to use my AL with all those drunks around! (I might be one of them...)

Just bought an 80€ SUB... I'll let you know how it performs!

Spudmurphy

Well - I just got back from an Audition / Rehearsal ... and I got the job!!!

First gig is on the 20th and will be a regular one to two gigs a week.

New keyboard player too and boy is he good !! Just take the lead breaks Mr Piano man .

It really is a refreshing new challenge - boy the Leal sounded good!

Spudmurphy

ooooohhhhh - really nice catching up on all the comments guys - thanks for that.
My fingers are hurting what with all the practicing!

The "D"? Well I love going out the garage looking at "her" - will post pics soon eh! " :)

fsmith

Kevin, congratulations on the retirement and the gig!! Enjoy your new found freedom, you've earned it.

fred

Top Bottom