• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JasonT

I was admiring the excellent condition of dibart77's NYNGD-11 - 1993 pink quilt EVH this morning and it got me thinking. What's the oldest EBMM you currently own? Were you the original owner? Do you play it? What's the guitar's story?

I'll go first:

Year: 2009
Model: 25th Anniversary
Bought New/Used: New
Still play: Y

I bought it new in 2009. It's the one in my avatar photo. I was still chasing my tone and dream guitar, which chase would end when EBMM introduced the LIII. Couple fun facts: (1) I hate red guitars, but I was so intrigued by the specs I bought it anyway. It's such a fantastic playing/sounding guitar, I still have it, despite the red color. (2) It's my only EBMM that's not an LIII. Love that guitar. Hard to believe I bought it 10 years ago.

I'm sure others have older guitars such as Jeff's EVH, but I thought it would be cool to see what older (vintage?) EBMMs we knuckleheads own.

So play along, and Rock on!

thejone

Year: 2009
Model: Music Man Petrucci JP6 PRB
Bought New/Used: New(2010)

As the other EBMM guitars I own this one gets better with every day. Initially the unfinished neck was really bright. Now it has gotten a darker more orange tone. Tuning stability is improving constantly. The guitar sounds fantasatic and plays still awesome! The guitar is practically undamaged and still very exciting. I am looking for many years to come with this guitar and the others! However, 10 years is not to old for a guitar so I am interested in how this thread developes. Regards, J

jones4tone

'91 Morse. Still my main guitar after all these years.

Is this one that you’ve modded in any way, Beej?

My 20th Anniv Silo is oldest of mine, purchased used in 2016, the year I fell into this EBMM black hole.

banjoplayer

Year: 1994
Model: Albert Lee
Bought New/Used: Used

Bought it used in 2008. I don´t know how many owners it had before. One piece body, very light and resonant. It was in nearly mint condition in 2008 and has many dings and dongs now, but nothing dramatic. It doesn´t bother that much as I am sure I will never sell it because it is so good

fbecir

Hello

Year: 2001
Model: Steve Morse

I bought it for my 30th birthday. It has some scars ... but I have also some wrinkles ...

xjbebop

1996 AL, used but in good condition. Super light and got a great deal. Perfect for my AL-T mod project!

Stock:
Q4ScwRJ.jpg

T-mod:
DdyrBOg.jpg

Nice neck too...
78qMSKV.jpg

dibart77

Awesome thread!

And the answer for me actually surprised me. I had thought it was my old faded purple EVH that was the first EBMM that I bought -- bought it new back in 1992 (ordered in late 1991, IIRC). That's this guy:

photo_0001.jpg

photo_0002.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

That guy was born on July 1, 1992. However, as it turns out, sorting my spreadsheet by DOB, it's actually another purple EVH I picked up in 2007. I mainly got it because it wasn't faded like my Number One is. This one was born five months earlier on February 13, 1992.

photo_0001.jpg

photo_0002.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

JasonT

Great posts, guys! Really digging the stories about these older axes.

Keep them coming!

peterd79

Year: 2006
Model: Music Man 20th AnniversaryB
Bought New/Used: Used off of Sweat of FingBeagle for the OG's in the house

I was using an OLP MM1f at the time and came across some funds. I was looking to use those funds to buy my first high end guitar. I was severely tossed between an Axis and a PRS Custom 22. I had a friend Jodizzle who worked for Ernie Ball at the time and she answered a million texts about the guitars and I was an active member here anyway and looked on the fs thread and saw the 20th at a price I couldn't pass up. I've not looked back...

nervous

1997 Axis Sport, currently red w/ maple neck. Perfect player, getting some fresh electronics soon, minimal fret wear but has some body dings and wear and may get a refin this spring or summer. Still a rock solid 22 year old instrument.

wesman11483

1998 EBMM Axis Sport MM90

I am the second owner, and it is slightly modified (I replaced the bridge MM90 with a Dimarzio Super Distortion)

spychocyco

Year: 2007
Model: Axis
Still play: Every day

My Axis was a Christmas/Birthday/college graduation gift from my wife (long story that you can find if you get in the wayback machine here :)). It was the first really nice guitar I ever owned, and the first time I wrapped my hand around the neck, it was perfect. I've got lots of other guitars now, but that one is and always will be No. 1.

axis1.jpg

cbc83

2005 JP6 - black with piezo and matching headstock. A simple, yet stunning, rock machine.

jp6.jpg

Top Bottom