• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Astrofreq

It's the little things in life.... EDIT: More changes. :)

I got a new strap for my Reflex and a blue pickup selector to match. I love this guitar and can't stop looking at it.

:)

newstrap.JPG

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Rad, nice man!!! That guitar just looks so much better to me with the pick guard.

Glenn |B)

beej

I really love those guitars, though I've never quite gelled with the switching. Hard in a live setting to switch the lever and the toggle to go from clean to mean.

(I'm about to re-wire my 25th to be a little more conventional.)

Astrofreq

I really love those guitars, though I've never quite gelled with the switching. Hard in a live setting to switch the lever and the toggle to go from clean to mean.

(I'm about to re-wire my 25th to be a little more conventional.)

I'd be curious to hear what you do with it. This one pretty much stays on the parallel setting 90% of the time. I have thought about reversing the 5-way on my cutlass, since I hit it often when playing hard. On that guitar, I'm on the two neck positions almost all the time.

beej

I'd be curious to hear what you do with it.
Sure- I'm in the process of doing it now:

N (split) / N (series) / N & B / Inside coils (parallel) / Bridge (series).

The toggle I'm using for series/parallel on the bridge only, so it'd be:

N (split) / N (series) / N & B (parallel) / Inside coils (parallel) / Bridge (parallel).

Going to use a silent circuit for the neck split. I like it a bit more split than parallel, it has more oomph.

click track

That looks fantastic ! IMO, a change or different look to any guitar seems to create different level of inspiration and approach to it, in playing. Where did you get the pick guard was it after market?

I have a black Reflex and am considering a pick guard after seeing yours

Astrofreq

That looks fantastic ! IMO, a change or different look to any guitar seems to create different level of inspiration and approach to it, in playing. Where did you get the pick guard was it after market?

I have a black Reflex and am considering a pick guard after seeing yours

This guitar was a 1-off from the factory for an endorsed player. Somehow, it wound up in my hands.

wesman11483

Sure- I'm in the process of doing it now:

N (split) / N (series) / N & B / Inside coils (parallel) / Bridge (series).

The toggle I'm using for series/parallel on the bridge only, so it'd be:

N (split) / N (series) / N & B (parallel) / Inside coils (parallel) / Bridge (parallel).

Going to use a silent circuit for the neck split. I like it a bit more split than parallel, it has more oomph.

I love reading up on how y'all are tailoring the guts to fit the nuances of your playing styles.
I think you have chimed in on a few of my posts, but mind if I shoot you a PM for some guidance?

beej

Thanks! I wired it up that day, sounds fantastic. I'll drag it out to a rehearsal next week and see how it sounds with the band.

Yes, feel free to PM me.

banjoplayer

Love this white one-off reflex too!

Yes, the 5-way switch plus toogle is not very comfortable for quick switching (clean to mean or back....). As a result I never use that many different positions, mainly 1/3/5 .... I rather use the volume pot instead of switching to position 2 or 4, especially if the toggle should be switched too....
I LOVE the parallel settings! And I love the sound of this guitar in general

Astrofreq

Yesterday's upgrade included changing the tuning buttons to blue. It matches the blue in the strap, as well as the blue strap buttons and pickup selector. :)

blue.JPG

Top Bottom