• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

Dxps3QOU0AA5-qU.jpg:large

Glenn |B)

Markx

Man, I LOVE that Kinetic Blue. The description says "New" pickups. Any details Pete?

Shadow1psc

New pickups again huh... I just got my hands on my first Illuminator equipped guitar x.x

Elyos

Does anyone here know anything about the specifications of these new pickups?

Mace13

Anyone got any demo links of a direct comparison between the 2018 and 2019 Majesty pickups which highlights the tone differences? That would be awesome. I couldn’t seem to tease anything out of the google searches I tried. Thanks.

PeteDuBaldo

I haven't had the chance yet to compare the Sonic Ecstasy or Illuminator pickups to the new Dreamcatcher and Rainmaker set, but I'll update here when I do.

Until then, here's the Dark Roast that we have in stock along with our first Tiger Eye (not listed on our website yet).

John-Petrucci-Majesty-Dark-Roast-M11125-5.jpg

John-Petrucci-Tiger-Eye-Majesty-6-M11395-s.jpg

Daniel

Hi, The new Dimarzio Dreamcatcher and Rainmaker pickups are designed to complement the body woods on the Majesty to bring out the natural warmth and timbre of the guitar. The pickups have an increased sensitivity to pick attack and an extended dynamic range resulting in pickups that are clearer and broader with a more pronounced expressive tone.
The Monarchy Majesty came with DiMarzio Sonic Ecstasy pickups which are mid-bass heavy due to the gloss finish. The Illuminator pickups that come with the 2018 Majesty were designed to have a more even output to accommodate the matte finish on that specific model guitar. Each of these pickups was designed to allow the Majesty to achieve the most optimum output based on the tonewoods and finishes. This way, you're getting the best possible sound to your amplifier.

Top Bottom