• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

cybersnyder

shortscale.png

2019 SHORT SCALE STINGRAY BASS

LIMITED

The Ernie Ball Music Man Short Scale StingRay Special is a passive bass offering a big thumpy round sound in a convenient smaller package. The 30″ scale length allows for easier playability due to the shorter spacing between the frets. The body is made from ash, and the neck is constructed from hard rock maple with choice of maple or rosewood fingerboard. The Ernie Ball Music Man humbucking pickup has been specially designed for the short scale bass with higher output neodymium magnets, providing a warm signature tone. Electronics package includes a 3-way rotary switch featuring parallel, true single coil, and series modes. All three pickup selections can be augmented by a passive bass boost found by engaging a push volume pot. Like its big brother the Stingray Special, the short scale bass comes standard with a modern classic bridge, 22 stainless steel frets, and new lightweight Music Man tuning machines. Available in 2 finish options. Available September 2019 worldwide.

This looks very interesting. I'll have to wait until September, but this will likely be an instant purchase when I see one in the wild.

cybersnyder

Some places are reporting that only 100 will be made. Not sure if that's in total or 100 of each color.

GregP

How is a passive Bass Boost possible?

In the sense of adding gain...it's not possible on a purely passive instrument.
I suspect it's creating an emphasis on the bass frequencies by cutting other frequencies. :)

Karl

Are there any options with the fretboard as I would go for the burgundy but would like it with a Maple fretboard rather than the Rosewood?

Edmang

Since the number is so limited, is this going to be a BFR or just a special run?

danny-79

There seems to be a lot of short scale basses about at present.
Short scale stingray. Would never of thought of that

PeteDuBaldo

Are there any options with the fretboard as I would go for the burgundy but would like it with a Maple fretboard rather than the Rosewood?

The fretboards are paired with the body color on these, no option to switch.

Any word on street price for these?

$1999 street

Since the number is so limited, is this going to be a BFR or just a special run?

It's a special run on display in the BFR room and main show floor.

Karl

This is sort of my baby Im knocked out by it and so are the palyers who got a preview

I hope it is not just going to be a limited run, as I think these will sell well. Short scales are are getting a lot of interest at the moment, and to have a short scale Passive Stingray is something that will do well. A lot of Bassists will be interested in the the short scale and a lot will be interested in being able to finally get hold of a Passive Stingray model. It is a sure fire winner.

Edmang

I hope it is not just going to be a limited run, as I think these will sell well. Short scales are are getting a lot of interest at the moment, and to have a short scale Passive Stingray is something that will do well. A lot of Bassists will be interested in the the short scale and a lot will be interested in being able to finally get hold of a Passive Stingray model. It is a sure fire winner.

Might be like the Old Smoothie. First year it was the 40th Anniversary special edition. But I guess it did well enough that became part of the regular line up after the initial run.

Karl

Might be like the Old Smoothie. First year it was the 40th Anniversary special edition. But I guess it did well enough that became part of the regular line up after the initial run.

I hope so and I understand the hesitation by EB after the Cutlass and Caprice models that didn't really sell well as expected. But this is a Passive Stingray which is a whole different proposition, I have waited for this for a long time.

mouth

Hmm, I might be interested in a long scale version of this particular passive Stingray, even though I'm gassing for a new Special. Can't wait to hear it either way.

Top Bottom