• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

I found this on Reverb for anyone who's interested.

Glenn |B)

sig12plrlo4rhmfbyata.jpg

Poplar Body
Figured Maple Neck
Bound Rosewood Fretboard
Locking Tuners
P-90 Pickups

I wish I could tell you the exact specifications of this guitar - all I know is that its a one-of-a-kind built for an endorsee/artist. I'm not even sure that the body is Poplar, and I don't know who made the P-90's (though I supposed I could pull the pick guard and check them out if you were curious). All I know is that the neck on this thing is absolutely amazing, and it sounds incredible. I've never played another Morse, so I don't know what to compare it to, but I do know it blew me down the first time I sat down with it. This model never has block inlays, or P-90's, just to be sure. Its super clean, with no apparent flaws of any kind.

Music Man Steve Morse Custom (one-of-a-kind) | Adam's | Reverb

banjoplayer

Thanks for sharing this! Now that is interesting
Headstock looks like the bigger one from Cutlass/Sting Ray
I believe Never seen a Morse with a binding on the back.
I am pretty sure the serial reads G55366, I will post it in the serial sticky

edit: Tuners look a bit odd to me, the newer Schallers usually have the "S" logo on the back

Last edited:

Samoht

Now that’s an odd duck! It looks legit, as in legit EBMM, but wow. I don’t know what to think.

GWDavis28

Thanks for sharing this! Now that is interesting
Headstock looks like the bigger one from Cutlass/Sting Ray
I believe Never seen a Morse with a binding on the back.
I am pretty sure the serial reads G55366, I will post it in the serial sticky

edit: Tuners look a bit odd to me, the newer Schallers usually have the "S" logo on the back

Could be per tuner change. Seller doesn't give a date. If it is an artist instrument any combination is possible I would think. No that this is my cup of tea, just thought it was unusual and different.

Glenn |B)

banjoplayer

Could be per tuner change. Seller doesn't give a date. If it is an artist instrument any combination is possible I would think. No that this is my cup of tea, just thought it was unusual and different.

Glenn |B)

My observations should not express suspiciousness. This guitar looks like a real piece of EBMM craftmanship. I really like it! And yes.... everything is possible at an artist one-off.
The binding on the back is super-cute!

beej

I posted that the first time it was for sale (before this seller got it) ... but strangely no one commented!

GWDavis28

My observations should not express suspiciousness. This guitar looks like a real piece of EBMM craftmanship. I really like it! And yes.... everything is possible at an artist one-off.
The binding on the back is super-cute!

No worries man. Wow that's really cool to hear that you like it. Unique and different is how I saw this.

Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

Joel just posted in the Serial numbers thread this:

"This Steve Morse was completed on May 2nd, 2016. The color is Black with the Rosewood fretboard & block inlays. It was a prototype made for our marketing/promotional account and most likely sold at a guitar show."

Glenn |B)

Pott

I can't find the original listing but I believe it sold for way cheaper then... I almost went for it but I just couldn't justify it space-wise.

Super-cool axe for sure. I'd rock the hell out of this...

GWDavis28

I posted that the first time it was for sale (before this seller got it) ... but strangely no one commented!

Beej, sorry man, I don't ever remember seeing, I must have been away or something.

Glenn |B)

wodka

This is legit. It is a one-off that was for sale at the Philadelphia Guitar Show by EBMM I believe in 2017. I almost bought it but the neck was huge. Much larger than the standard Morse.

vuduhwy

This is legit. It is a one-off that was for sale at the Philadelphia Guitar Show by EBMM I believe in 2017. I almost bought it but the neck was huge. Much larger than the standard Morse.

That's just what I DIDN'T need to hear. I like those chunky necks.

Top Bottom