• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GregP

Words can't even describe how stoked I am for this!!! Has EBMM ever done a signature bass before or will this be the first?

GregP

Now to engage in a little fun speculation about that one knob. I think the bass is utilizing a buffer preamp with a passive tone control. Which I've always thought is a fabulous idea :)

P.S.
I also noticed that the bass is employing the "Modern Classic" bridge like the Cutlass,Caprice, and Stingray Special. However, unlike those basses it does not appear to utilize the same body contouring. The contouring is reminicent of last years Stingray/Sterling models.

Last edited:

GregP

Doing some research on the Reddit forums(huge truckload of salt here, people) and it appears the knob is a single volume knob. Which makes sense because it doesn't appear to be concentric. The headstock says Sterling so it's a good assumption it's a Sterling neck. The body also looks like a Sterling without a pickguard...this would explain the lack of the modern classic's body contouring.

Can't find any info on the pickup yet ;-)

Edmang

The look for the bass does not do it for me. First MM bass do not have gas for out of the gate.

But as they say, can't judge a book by its cover. May change if the bass is produced and I get to try one out.

GregP

The look for the bass does not do it for me. First MM bass do not have gas for out of the gate.

But as they say, can't judge a book by its cover. May change if the bass is produced and I get to try one out.

To each his own. :)
I really like the minimalist natural look especially with no pickguard. although I wouldn't be adverse to seeing it offered in starry night :)

Top Bottom