• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dryst_1025

so i heard that the Majesty Monarchy line is being discontinued. if so, why? and why is it still featured at music man's website? hmmm

John C

The 2019 models won't go on the website until they go on sale - depending on the model that will be April or May. The older models will go off the website when the new ones go on. But from the 2019 model info it does look like they are streamlining - maybe combining the original Majesty and the Monarchy model into a single offering?

PeteDuBaldo

Correct, the "monarchy" name and colors are going away. The various incarnations of the Majesty will now be known collectively as "Majesty" instead of 3 different types called Majesty, Artisan Majesty, or Monarchy Majesty.

The 2019 models will be fully glossed (aside from the Stealth), have new DiMarzio pickups, and have new inlay material.

dryst_1025

Correct, the "monarchy" name and colors are going away. The various incarnations of the Majesty will now be known collectively as "Majesty" instead of 3 different types called Majesty, Artisan Majesty, or Monarchy Majesty.

The 2019 models will be fully glossed (aside from the Stealth), have new DiMarzio pickups, and have new inlay material.

so pete, does that mean that music man will still accept new orders for the monarchy before april 2019?

johnnyboogie

I wouldn't have expected that they would discontinue the Monarchy. I had the feeling that it was quite the selling model.

lifeson1

So, are the Artisans going bye bye, as well? I think the Marrone is still my fav finish, and JP played it for quite a while on the road. All in all, glad they are consolidating all the models - there were just WAY too many.

John C

I wouldn't have expected that they would discontinue the Monarchy. I had the feeling that it was quite the selling model.

Per Pete's post they aren't discontinuing the Monarchy and Artisan models, just the names and having them as separate models - all 3 will exist (with new colors at least for the former "Monarchy" models) but just under the single name "Majesty".

johnnyboogie

Per Pete's post they aren't discontinuing the Monarchy and Artisan models, just the names and having them as separate models - all 3 will exist (with new colors at least for the former "Monarchy" models) but just under the single name "Majesty".

Original Majesty, Artisan Majesty and Monarchy Majesty finish options are all discontinued unfortunately. The new line is comprised of 6 new finishes (Dark Roast, Enchanted Forest, Blue Honu, Red Sunrise, Kinetic Blue, Stealth Black), and is now simply called the 'Majesty'.

John C

Original Majesty, Artisan Majesty and Monarchy Majesty finish options are all discontinued unfortunately. The new line is comprised of 6 new finishes (Dark Roast, Enchanted Forest, Blue Honu, Red Sunrise, Kinetic Blue, Stealth Black), and is now simply called the 'Majesty'.

Have you seen all of the new finishes yet? I've only seen the one in the email/blog post about the 2019s (which looks kind of like an Artisan finish) and one photo from NAMM that was kind of blue-green (so it might have been the blue honu finish - which looked a lot like a Monarchy in a new color).

PeteDuBaldo

Have you seen all of the new finishes yet? I've only seen the one in the email/blog post about the 2019s (which looks kind of like an Artisan finish) and one photo from NAMM that was kind of blue-green (so it might have been the blue honu finish - which looked a lot like a Monarchy in a new color).

Here's a quick snapshot from NAMM

DSC7468.jpg

johnnyboogie

Sorry for the delayed reply. I saw them all on Pete's website the day they were announced. Still amazed that they discontinued the Monarchy. I don't believe the new finishes are that catchy, except for the Enchanted Forest that would fit nicely with the Monarchy Series. The Kinetic Blue and the Stealth Black are great additions too.

LordRiffenstein

Sorry for the delayed reply. I saw them all on Pete's website the day they were announced. Still amazed that they discontinued the Monarchy. I don't believe the new finishes are that catchy, except for the Enchanted Forest that would fit nicely with the Monarchy Series. The Kinetic Blue and the Stealth Black are great additions too.

I agree, the Enchanted Forest finish is pretty sweet, I would have to see Kinetic Blue in person I think to appreciate it. If I had the cash I would absolutely be looking for a purple Monarchy Majesty right now because I think that finish is killer! Love purple guitars.

johnnyboogie

I agree, the Enchanted Forest finish is pretty sweet, I would have to see Kinetic Blue in person I think to appreciate it. If I had the cash I would absolutely be looking for a purple Monarchy Majesty right now because I think that finish is killer! Love purple guitars.

I was under the impression that the Majestic Purple would have been one of their best sellers, quite amazed that they discontinued it. I hope you'll get it soon enough =)

Mystic Dream was too green for me, Kinetic Blue is too blue, I wonder if they'll ever make one with the Purple shade being the protagonist.

Billy Tennessee

Any word on discontinuing the older JP bolt-on models? I know they discontinued a bunch last year, and only noticed the JP15 at NAMM this year.

Top Bottom