• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Exodus5

So I just received the Axis (2009 Trans Gold) I bought from Guitar Center online used and it came in a EVH brand case. It fits SUUUUPER snug. It actually has to kinda be pushed down into the case and, although I think that part is fine, I would prefer the original MusicMan case. I know the 5983 is the right case, but GC won't swap cases with me and I found a similar looking case that was made for a Reflex at a good price. Are these the same case? It has a customized stick on plate that specifies it is a case for a Reflex, but I've seen these before and they are just stickers. I cannot make out the inside too well from the seller's picture, so I want to verify this is also a 5983 before I buy it.

beej

For a quicker response, I'd probably call the support folks to find out, when they open today. Check the link in my sig.

jones4tone

The tray inside the reflex case is fit to the body shape of that model, which is larger than the Axis body. It would go into the reflex case, but it’s not a good fit, imo. (Actually, the contour of the top tray could be misaligned with the FR on your Axis and cause problems. The only Axis I have to put in my reflex case is a hardtail, so I couldn’t say on that.)

Wahoonc

Not the same. As Jones says the Axis body is noticeably smaller and the Reflex case is at least 1-2 inches longer (just eyeballing side-by-side).

Exodus5

I´m looking for a Reflex case.
Where did you find this one, Exodus? In the US I assume?
It is used at the MusicGoRound.com website. Unfortunately, they want $50 for the case and another $45 to ship it. It is in the US. Better to just buy from Guitar Center.

Top Bottom