• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

danny-79

D2DF8DF7-CEBA-4ECF-950B-4EAE360B0A26.jpg

So I was gutted when this got sold just as I’d raised the cash, was about to buy it and it was sold.
Other half had brought it and put it among my other bass cases, took me a few minutes :p
Happy nbd me !

five7

Amazing better half! Congrats and get ready to knock buildings over.

danny-79

Needs a good set up, and it’s got batteries that don’t fit the box too well (scared the **** out of me, plugged it in to try it and it started cutting in and out, give the batteries a prod and it was fine)
I’ve removed the battery boxes on both my stingrays but might not be so easy with it being a double box on the Bongo (finding a cover plate I mean, really not a fan of battery boxes, bad past experiences so simply don’t trust them)
But..... even with dead string it sounds AMAZING!! love it. Can’t wait to give it a set up and spend some quality time with it. Better pics to follow

Last edited:

Chuck M

Congratulations on having a fantastic significant other! That is one of the greatest blessings in life. Oh, and that is a sweet Bongo as well. Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

danny-79

Amazing better half! Congrats and get ready to knock buildings over.

Better half being the word !!!
Looking forward to to next practice, then gig it next night all being well and I have no doubt that it won’t be ! (Against my better judgement I’ve ordered a new/direct replacement battery box as that’s the only thing I don’t trust on it, the only thing that will let it down anyways)

Chuck M

For what it is worth, I have several basses with those battery boxes (including my Bongo 6) and have never had one fail. Hopefully the replacement will put things right and be very reliable as well.

Beautiful bass. It took me a long time to appreciate the Bongo but I am now in the front seat on the Bongo bus.

danny-79

For what it is worth, I have several basses with those battery boxes (including my Bongo 6) and have never had one fail. Hopefully the replacement will put things right and be very reliable as well.

Beautiful bass. It took me a long time to appreciate the Bongo but I am now in the front seat on the Bongo bus.

Replaced them both on both my stingrays, twice in the one. I just don’t trust them. Battery snap, secure battery with foam and pate over the top. Fool proof. Nothing to snag, get caugh on and break contact usually at the most inconvenient of times I.e mid gig.
I have ordered a new direct replacement so that will be good till I find a suitable plate, ideally made out of the same stuff as the existing back plate.

The battery box is the only thing I can find fault with and Gotoch boxes are on 80% of any active bass I just personally don’t like or trust them one bit :p

danny-79

View attachment 34877
First outing with the Bongo. Bitter sweet band practice as we are changing drummers. First half with new, second half with old as it’s his last/farewell gig on Saturday.
Apart from that, Bongo. Had to spend a bit of time readjusting wireless and every other pedal that follows.!!!! The evening ended with the practice room. Hire amp giving up, spent the last 30mins Di’d to PA.
Spicy or what !

danny-79

Looks good on you man!

Cheers dude!
It’s a beast of a bass, I thought my stingrays were hot but this is something else!
Got rehearsal with cover/function band tonight so will be going lead to amp route (just want to hear the bass, lots and lots on offer) just have this horrible feeling that my Stingrays are going to be taking a break. For a while anyways

danny-79

Happy Birthday! What a great gift. It's funny that you wanted to buy it but it had already been sold.

I know. I was talking to the previous owner and working on getting the cash together then the advertisement was taken down and stopped replying to my emails. I was pretty miffed at the time. Not to be deterred I found another, stealth black 4H that I was going to buy so very nearly ended up with two! :p

Tollywood

I know. I was talking to the previous owner and working on getting the cash together then the advertisement was taken down and stopped replying to my emails. I was pretty miffed at the time. Not to be deterred I found another, stealth black 4H that I was going to buy so very nearly ended up with two! :p

Hahahaha, that would have been pretty crazy. Or...The Best Birthday Ever!

Top Bottom