• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

BUC

I'm considering adding a guitar to the herd to back up my Gamechanger HSHP.

Must have a piezo, which really limits my options.

Can you guys compare/contrast the JP15 and the Majesty? I'm really into more vintage sounding guitars and wonder how either one of those might fit in. Really more interested in the tonal characteristics vs the aesthetics.

By way of comparison, I have an Armada that I just love the tone of and also the before mentioned GC HSHP which I prefer more of the parallel and single coil sounds.

ieso

Yeah, I have both and neither are 'vintage' sounding.

Keno

I guess we’re all different in age and preferences but I need to ask what’s vintage for you?

The most vintage sounding EBMM to me is probably the Cutlass. I love Music Man guitars but I would never consider any of my guitars sounding ’vintage’, and the JPs are likely the least vintage of EBMMs (high output, fast/slim necks, active sircits, piezo and so on).

Happy hunting though!

BUC

I have an early JP-6 and a Y2D. I wouldn't call either one of those vintage either, although the Y2D can cover a lot of ground.

Don't get hung up on the vintage label. I'm really just wondering, for those of you that own both a Majesty and JP15, what are the sonic differences?

johnnyboogie

Certainly not much different, if any different at all. Go with what you like the most, you won't be disappointed. Worst case scenario you change pickups.

LordRiffenstein

I have the JP15 and it's one of the best playing guitars I've had the pleasure of playing but vintage sounding it is not. I did not get along well with the DiMarzio Illuminators though. They are currently being swapped out.

ieso

I have the JP15 and it's one of the best playing guitars I've had the pleasure of playing but vintage sounding it is not. I did not get along well with the DiMarzio Illuminators though. They are currently being swapped out.

What are you going to replace the Illuminators with?

LordRiffenstein

What are you going to replace the Illuminators with?

I'm going with the Crunchlab and Liquifire. I have a JP6 and love the way it sounds. It's mostly the bridge Illuminator I didn't like, the neck was actually pretty sweet. Bridge has this upper mid thing going on that I don't dig with any of my amps.

Top Bottom