• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

RSG

I’ve got a Silo incoming in a few days and will be looking for a new pickguard. The last Silo I had was about 10 years ago and I got the replacement guard direct from EBMM. Do they still sell direct or do I need to go to a custom pickguard vendor?

TripHazard

They do if they have them in stock as spares I think. Not sure if they will custom cut one. Pickguard Planet / Pickguard Heaven is a good place to go if EBMM can’t help (I think they even do stuff for EBMM tho don’t quote me on that)

PS. Don’t let Randy get anywhere near your Silo with his cheeseburger fingers. :)

Cenobyte

As stated above, if it's being put on any current MM model (or recent history MM models) generally EBMM can sell you one directly by talking to customer service, I usually talk to Billy for parts and over the years have ordered everything from switch tips and knobs to a fully loaded Silo Special SSS pickguard to a replacement boost pot for a Luke III! :O

I just went though the process of ordering a custom guard for my Cutlass from pickguardplanet.com (was told by EBMM customer service that these guys produce guards for them anyway so it was a no brainer)... They accept Paypal or CC, (Paypal is quickest) and it took about a month to get it, I'm in Canada, and it looks/fits great!

Last edited:

RSG

Ok thanks for the replies. I’ve dealt with Pickguard Heaven in the past... I guess if I have no choice then that’s what I’ve got to do.

It’s not rocket appliances.

vuduhwy

As stated above, if it's being put on any current MM model (or recent history MM models) generally EBMM can sell you one directly by talking to customer service, I usually talk to Billy for parts and over the years have ordered everything from switch tips and knobs to a fully loaded Silo Special SSS pickguard to a replacement boost pot for a Luke III! :O

I just went though the process of ordering a custom guard for my Cutlass from pickguardplanet.com (was told by EBMM customer service that these guys produce guards for them anyway so it was a no brainer)... They accept Paypal or CC, (Paypal is quickest) and it took about a month to get it, I'm in Canada, and it looks/fits great!

Just wanted to chime in.....I've dealt with Billy several times myself and I can attest that he does a great job. I've had him off and running all over looking for parts and he not only does a great job but he is super friendly too.
Call him........

RSG

Ok, so I get this because I'm Canadian and I've seen every season of Trailer Park Boys and Ricky is ridiculous, but that's a pretty obscure reference! haha

There's so many Ricky-isms to choose from.

Cenobyte

Just wanted to chime in.....I've dealt with Billy several times myself and I can attest that he does a great job. I've had him off and running all over looking for parts and he not only does a great job but he is super friendly too.
Call him........

Agreed, he's super helpful, one of many reasons EBMM has won me over as a customer for life!

Top Bottom