• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jones4tone

That's quite a pretty finish! Yes, EBMM periodically do special runs with dealers, either with a special finish, or unique electronics/switching capabilities, different woods, etc. I could not list them all, but know there have been others in the past.

spychocyco

Willcutt has done some exclusive runs with several manufacturers over the past year or so as an anniversary celebration. There was a Willcutt-exclusive Axis a few months ago. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing them post a PRS and maybe another one or two manufacturers as well. They've all been some variation of brown and not really to my taste, so I haven't kept up with them. :)

A lot of companies do dealer-exclusive runs, and EBMM has done several that I can recall over the years.

PeteDuBaldo

Willcutt has done some exclusive runs with several manufacturers over the past year or so as an anniversary celebration. There was a Willcutt-exclusive Axis a few months ago. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing them post a PRS and maybe another one or two manufacturers as well. They've all been some variation of brown and not really to my taste, so I haven't kept up with them. :)

A lot of companies do dealer-exclusive runs, and EBMM has done several that I can recall over the years.

Correct, although in the past most of the EBMM exclusive runs were primarily for international distributors and the big national chain here in the USA. Kanda Shokai (Japan, numerous Luke and JP exclusive runs), Mogar Music (Italy, special Axis run), are two that jump to the front of my memory. This makes sense from a manufacturing perspective because a distributor (or national chain) typically has a greater customer base than individual dealers, and both the manufacturer and distributor want to sell out. Very small single-piece runs can be cost-prohibitive for both the manufacturer and independent retailer, and large quantities for an independent dealer might sit on shelves and hamper cash flow.

lifeson1

Correct, although in the past most of the EBMM exclusive runs were primarily for international distributors and the big national chain here in the USA. Kanda Shokai (Japan, numerous Luke and JP exclusive runs), Mogar Music (Italy, special Axis run), are two that jump to the front of my memory. This makes sense from a manufacturing perspective because a distributor (or national chain) typically has a greater customer base than individual dealers, and both the manufacturer and distributor want to sell out. Very small single-piece runs can be cost-prohibitive for both the manufacturer and independent retailer, and large quantities for an independent dealer might sit on shelves and hamper cash flow.

Soooo, any chance of a DuBaldo limited coming down the pipe?

Top Bottom